Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Bonuses (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Full Tilt bonuses (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401300)

2Fast2Furious 12-19-2005 11:20 AM

Full Tilt bonuses

I play on Party but am just wondering if anyone plays on Full Tilt or Poker Stars and what the consensus is on either of these vs. Party (level of play, do they have lots of colluders etc.) Reason I'm asking is bc on Party I seem to get these 20% redeposit bonuses from time to time which are helpful but on Full Tilt they have a first time bonus of up to 100% now. I'm breakeven on Party 11s and 22s to date so need to have all the help I can get!

Also, I play a bit (say 2-3 SnGs per day) but am not in college and have a full time job that pays pretty well so I don't do rakeback bc from what I've heard it doesn't make sense unless you're playing a lot on a weekly basis.

Thx.

playersare 12-19-2005 11:50 AM

Re: Full Tilt bonuses

the full tilt bonus is worth 42% of rebate on your tourney fees, which is better than affiliate rakeback anyway.

however, the best bonuses for SNG play are probably at Poker Stars and Bodog, which both give back 100% of the fees (and Bodog's bonus is unlimited too). Pokerroom is also good at 71% (w/7x points structure).

2Fast2Furious 12-19-2005 12:37 PM

thx - just to clarify, sounds like on Pstart and Full Tilt you can play SnGs to clear your # of raked hands needed to get the bonus (on Party you gotta play ring games - SnG hands don't count)

playersare 12-19-2005 12:50 PM

if you play SNG's, it's not "raked hands" which clear the bonus, it's the tourney fees taken when you register. for example, if you enter a $20 + $2, then you would a $2 bonus rebate on Poker Stars and Bodog (essentially making it vig-free), while Full Tilt would give you about 84 cents back.

you're correct that you cannot play SNG's on Party to clear bonus, however the fees do count as MGR for rakeback purposes (provided you can manage to get rakeback there).

2Fast2Furious 12-19-2005 12:52 PM

thx - sorry to keep pestering but with regard to my other question on rakeback, is it really worth doing it if you're only playing 20-30 or so SnGs per week? To give you more color I'm not playing for a living but would like to clear as much cash as I can like everyone else.

12-19-2005 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thx - sorry to keep pestering but with regard to my other question on rakeback, is it really worth doing it if you're only playing 20-30 or so SnGs per week? To give you more color I'm not playing for a living but would like to clear as much cash as I can like everyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's free money back. So, it may not be much for a low volume player, but I still would take it if I had the option. But, if you won't miss it, send it on to me!!

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

playersare 12-19-2005 02:03 PM

a low volume SNG player would make more money overall on the bonuses than rakeback. as already mentioned, bonuses on certain sites rebate as much as 100% of your fees. the most you could get with rakeback is 30%.

12-19-2005 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a low volume SNG player would make more money overall on the bonuses than rakeback. as already mentioned, bonuses on certain sites rebate as much as 100% of your fees. the most you could get with rakeback is 30%.

[/ QUOTE ]

But they aren't mutually exclusive and the two in combination are going to be greater than either separately.

2Fast2Furious 12-19-2005 04:15 PM

Right, so I'm basically throwing money away by not having rakeback and using this Full Tilt bonus?

playersare 12-19-2005 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Right, so I'm basically throwing money away by not having rakeback and using this Full Tilt bonus?

[/ QUOTE ]
wrong. even with rakeback factored in, the bonus is worth more, since most of the time it will be deducted from your MGR anyway.