Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   This one seems OK (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=366732)

gharp 10-27-2005 04:23 PM

This one seems OK

Everyone always posts the hands they think they screwed up so, for a change, I thought I'd post a hand I think I played well.....and then let you all tell me how wrong I am. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

MP is a 61/3/0.5 mouthbreather who likes to find reasons to call.
BB is a 44/25/4.2 LAG who likes to bluff. I've seen him bluff check-raise the turn twice so far (once was a semi-bluff with a gutshot, the other time he folded to a river raise).

Ultimate Bet 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls...

Looks good?

phixxx 10-27-2005 04:43 PM

Re: This one seems OK

I don't like it. IMO, you want to establish how far ahead or behind you are early in the hand, to avoid situations like this. What happens if MP raises behind on the river slowplaying something big? Are you going to call another big with your second pair? I'd say raise the flop if this was an opponent likely to bet any type of draw/pair on the flop. If he calls, reevaluate on the turn. If he 3-bets, I fold.

shant 10-27-2005 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MP is a 61/3/0.5 mouthbreather who likes to find reasons to call.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What happens if MP raises behind on the river slowplaying something big? Are you going to call another big with your second pair?

[/ QUOTE ]
That question should answer itself.

Nick C 10-27-2005 04:46 PM

It looks good to me.

When the action gets to you on the flop, you've got to figure MP probably doesn't have anything worth calling with anyway, and you don't know where you stand against BB. (And there's no reliable way to find out.)

The turn card sucks, since you're now chopping with, for instance, Q6o, and we can't rule out a 5 for either opponent, but what can you do? Calling again seems best to me.

On the river, I mainly just want to get to showdown.

phixxx 10-27-2005 04:46 PM

I only read the hand, nothing else. I'll work on reading more next time :O~

10-27-2005 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like it. IMO, you want to establish how far ahead or behind you are early in the hand, to avoid situations like this. What happens if MP raises behind on the river slowplaying something big? Are you going to call another big with your second pair? I'd say raise the flop if this was an opponent likely to bet any type of draw/pair on the flop. If he calls, reevaluate on the turn. If he 3-bets, I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

The flop bettor is a 44/25/4.2 LAG. I'm not folding to a 3 bet.

phixxx 10-27-2005 04:53 PM

Once again, my mistake for not reading the intro. Next time I'll try to pay more attention. As should you.

@bsolute_luck 10-27-2005 06:36 PM

beautiful. no point in raising if you're behind an Ace and leave MP in to pad the pot if you're ahead.

MrWookie47 10-27-2005 06:53 PM

nh. This is also a good hand to post. Posting a potentially controversial hand that you're sure you played well can be instructive to the forum, or to you, if the forum tears you a new one.

Shillx 10-27-2005 06:54 PM

I would fold the turn in general, but the read here seems to push it toward a call. Since I rarely have reads, I tend to fold here. NH though.