Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Best Strategy for Speed R+A? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=380314)

swiftrhett 11-17-2005 01:18 PM

Best Strategy for Speed R+A?

This should be fun. I'm going to try the $2+0 speed R+A in 1/2 hour. I can't figure out what the best strategy is though. Normally, the blinds are so high by about 40 minutes, and by 1 hour, they are higher than everyones' stack. Should I just play this tight and try to squeeze ITM by rebuying, and then take my share of the prize pool at random when the blinds are too high, or should I be using the rebuy trick to constantly add chips through the tournument and build my stack?

ajizzle 11-17-2005 01:26 PM

Re: Best Strategy for Speed R+A?

I think rebuy trick is a bad idea for the $2R, cuz the payout is only $33. You are gonna be putting in a lot of money to try to get a small return.

swiftrhett 11-17-2005 01:28 PM

What's $33? There is a prize pool like any other tourney

ajizzle 11-17-2005 01:34 PM

The only $2R speed tourney I have ever played is the super satellite on stars. This must be a different tourney you are referring to, in which case, I was mistaken.

11-17-2005 01:57 PM

I saw Party had one of these yesterday. It was the first time I'd seen it on the daily tournament schedule, they might have just added it.

benfranklin 11-17-2005 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's $33? There is a prize pool like any other tourney

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure which one you are talking about, but all of the $2 turbo rebuys I have seen are satellites that earn a seat in a $33 satellite, which in turn earns seats for something like a WPT event.

I wasn't aware of any that just paid cash prizes.

11-17-2005 07:03 PM

I came in 4th the other day, I will say that you have to be playing for fun, because strategy only goes so far in a tournament like this where getting lucky is a must. My only advice, which is much easier said than done is to get a HUGE stack early if possible, and just keep on pushing. You are not going to outplay anyone, just either double them up or take them out. Get ready to rebuy a bunch if necessary, and don't be scared of anything, if you get lucky a few hands you could take it all down - gl pal

dogsballs 11-18-2005 04:29 PM

Get gambling early and hope to catch some double ups.

If you get a big stack relative to teh blinds, then tighten up and look to mop up the desperate small stacks, who'll have to start pushing with 2nd rate holdings. If you catch enuf hands in this period, you'll go deep.

Just gotta get a big enuf stack so you don't have to be desperate and can be choosy about your starting hands and situations.