Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   ($22): Beating up on Villain, continue? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=403546)

xJMPx 12-22-2005 04:37 PM

($22): Beating up on Villain, continue?

Ok, so here the villain has played a lot of pots. He was actually at two tables with me at the same time and I assume they were the only two tables because he was limping and raising a lot of weak hands.

I’ve come over the top of two of his raises already, once in the early levels (3xBB) and once in the 50/100 level (min-raise), both times he folded. I’ve also came over the top of a couple of his limps, including the last orbit when he completed SB. I was getting hands to do this with, but I haven’t shown down so he’s probably getting frustrated with me by this point.

So, try it again?

PartyPoker - NL Texas Hold'em $20 Buy-in + $2 Entry Fee Tournament | Level: 6 - 5 players (Converter: PGC)

Chip Counts:
Button: 1480 Chips
SB: 3075 Chips
<font color="red">Hero: 1525 Chips</font>
UTG: 1105 Chips
CO: 815 Chips

Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Blinds are 100/200

PreFlop
<font color="blue">UTG folds</font>, <font color="blue">CO folds</font>, <font color="blue">Button folds</font>, <font color="red">SB RAISES ($400)</font>, Hero ????

pineapple888 12-22-2005 04:44 PM

Re: ($22): Beating up on Villain, continue?

Easy push. Your hand is way too good in this situation to do anything else, regardless of past interactions.

bluef0x 12-22-2005 05:26 PM

Yeah, there's still a lot of players with a lot of chips... and this is a good spot to pick up a huge pot. He's shown he will fold in the past and has been pretty loose, so you're most likely ahead of his range and he will fold. Poooosh

xJMPx 12-22-2005 06:30 PM

bump

12-22-2005 06:43 PM

Vilian probably has a small pair or Ax and is stealing. Considering the blinds, and your suited, I think you go over and push.

rbear 12-22-2005 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Easy push. Your hand is way too good in this situation to do anything else, regardless of past interactions.

[/ QUOTE ]

why bump?

bluef0x 12-22-2005 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bump

[/ QUOTE ]

You got 3 responses that were the same... if you have a question or a reason you don't like the play- post it instead of bumping.

xJMPx 12-22-2005 07:27 PM

You guys are right, there was no need to bump this thread. Should have been an easy push, and I only hesitated a second before pushing it.

PartyPoker - NL Texas Hold'em $20 Buy-in + $2 Entry Fee Tournament | Level: 6 - 5 players (Converter: PGC)

Chip Counts:
Button: 1480 Chips
SB: 3075 Chips
<font color="red">Hero: 1525 Chips</font>
UTG: 1105 Chips
CO: 815 Chips

Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Blinds are 100/200

PreFlop
<font color="blue">UTG folds</font>, <font color="blue">CO folds</font>, <font color="blue">Button folds</font>, <font color="red">SB RAISES ($400)</font>, Hero is All-In, <font color="green">SB Calls</font>

(2 players) FLOP: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 3050 Chips )

(2 players) TURN: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 3050 Chips )

(2 players) RIVER: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 3050 Chips )

Final Pot:3050 Chips

SB shows:2d2s,a pair of twos
BB shows:TdAd,high card ace

Guess he felt like coinfliping for the chip lead here.