Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Paradise Million Strategy? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=327428)

09-01-2005 06:46 AM

Paradise Million Strategy?

This is my 1st televised final table and am looking for advice from others who've been there. How do the cameras, lights and sound guys etc. impact play . Any tips? What should I wear?

More importantly, I have 400k, 1st has 2.7 mil, 10th 34k, about 9 mil in total chips, 12k/24k blinds, 3k antes , 90 minute levels. What strategy do you suggest? Its basically like a satellite, 1 million for 1st and 10k for 2nd-9th. my id at Paradise is Professor77 and this will be played on the 25th of September if you want to watch. I'm not sure when it will be broadcast.

flo 09-01-2005 07:21 AM

Re: Paradise Million Strategy?

If 2nd - 10th get the same $$$ play for the win. If you play defensivly and outwait a few players you gain nothing and loose chips im comparison to those in front of you.
Maybe that wasn't the answer you were looking for, and i have no clue [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Rosie5 09-01-2005 07:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If 2nd - 10th get the same $$$ play for the win. If you play defensivly and outwait a few players you gain nothing and loose chips im comparison to those in front of you.
Maybe that wasn't the answer you were looking for, and i have no clue [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No I agree with that, I'm no expert on 1 table tournaments but I would think this is the basic strategy

And just to add one thing, when you get knocked out-Rip your shirt off and run around while screaming ' online poker is rigged!'

that last thing is +ev for sure

09-01-2005 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is my 1st televised final table and am looking for advice from others who've been there. How do the cameras, lights and sound guys etc. impact play . Any tips? What should I wear?

More importantly, I have 400k, 1st has 2.7 mil, 10th 34k, about 9 mil in total chips, 12k/24k blinds, 3k antes , 90 minute levels. What strategy do you suggest? Its basically like a satellite, 1 million for 1st and 10k for 2nd-9th. my id at Paradise is Professor77 and this will be played on the 25th of September if you want to watch. I'm not sure when it will be broadcast.

[/ QUOTE ]

prepare yourself mentally to gamb0000000l it up b/c that is what you're going to have to do for a shot at first. obviously not stupid sh*t, but you know what i mean. the reason i say "prepare mentally" is because once you are there in the heat of the battle you want to make sure your survival instinct doesn't take over and make you too cautious.

Twitch1977 09-01-2005 10:21 AM

I have no constructive advice but just wanted to say best of luck.

T

lorinda 09-01-2005 10:46 AM

Suggest you discuss it through PM messages with those in the thread, or at least don't reply in the thread with what you intend to do.

You may not be the only one reading this.

Lori

phx 09-01-2005 09:20 PM

wow cant imagine heads up when one guy is getting 1 mil and the other 10k

Pasterbator 09-01-2005 09:25 PM

Once you get to the table, ask for a chop. Continue doing this every time someone gets out.

I think thats very +EV.

09-01-2005 10:21 PM

Unfortunately tournament rules say even suggesting a chop is grounds to dq the player. Thanks all! Hey act you played the Masters, what was it like down there, any tips?

cunningham22 09-02-2005 01:32 AM

What is played on 9/25 and what is played for the TV?