Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Donk (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398796)

hfrog355 12-15-2005 03:19 AM

Donk

This most likely isn't the place for this, but I've got 2 finals in the morning and I'll be up all night anyway, so this will have to do:

Why is "Donk" such an awesome word? I can think of no better way to describe someone who just wants to dump money onto a table.

Bulbarainey 12-15-2005 03:43 AM

Re: Donk

i never knew TCU was a real school i thought it was just a movie... is it based on the same TCU?

Photoc 12-15-2005 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i never knew TCU was a real school i thought it was just a movie... is it based on the same TCU?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure you aren't referring to PCU?

hfrog355 12-15-2005 05:21 AM

Yeah, TCU is a real school (ranked 14 in BCS if you're a football fan). Don't think there's ever been a movie here though.

12-15-2005 05:31 AM

short for donkey

Al_Capone_Junior 12-15-2005 01:37 PM

Re: Magoo was the original

[ QUOTE ]
Why is "Donk" such an awesome word? I can think of no better way to describe someone who just wants to dump money onto a table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, MAGOO was the word before donk ever existed. Though both terms have their usages, and are indeed effective at getting their meanings across to the listener, I believe Magoo is the best choice of word. The reasons for this are complex, but it's partly because Magoo has been around for so long, it's so versatile, and it's very clear to the Super-Geniuses of the world (such as WE), yet vague, but at the same time non-threatening to the uninitiated. Also, magoo can be a noun, an adverb, adjective, verb, whatever you can friggin' dream up. Can probably be a past participle or a preposition that you can end a sentence with too, if you're clever enough (or redneck enough) to figure it out. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

al

hfrog355 12-15-2005 02:08 PM

Re: Magoo was the original

Magoo.

I love it.

That will now be in my rotation of colorful language to spout when getting sucked out on.

coffeecrazy1 12-15-2005 02:21 PM

Guaranteed way to lighten the table:

Next time you call or raise with a marginal hand, make a loud, braying donkey sound.

beavens 12-15-2005 03:19 PM

JOPKE JOPKE!

12-15-2005 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, TCU is a real school (ranked 14 in BCS if you're a football fan). Don't think there's ever been a movie here though.

[/ QUOTE ]

TCU - home of LaDainian Tomlinson, Sammy Baugh, and the world's largest collection of toenail clippings (IIRC.)

Hey horned frog...how do you like TCU?

As far as donk goes, I think people were watching Hellmuth on ESPN and it caught on.

ScottieK