Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Question about $2/4 on Stars (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=407112)

1p0kerb0y 12-29-2005 01:23 PM

Question about $2/4 on Stars

What %s of hands get raked at (a) full and (b) 6 max? Thanks in advance.

uuDevil 12-29-2005 04:02 PM

Re: Question about $2/4 on Stars

Full ring, 43% of my 2400 hands were raked Monday and Tuesday night. I'm sure it would higher on weekends, but I just started playing limit on PS.

MrMon 12-29-2005 04:36 PM

Very small sample sizes, but at 2/4 6 max, I got 40% of games raked, 38.6 raked hands/table/hr. Full ring was 34% games raked, 23.8 raked hands/table/hr. Some VERY rocky tables, so I think this is about the worst you can expect.

CrazyEyez 12-29-2005 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Very small sample sizes, but at 2/4 6 max, I got 40% of games raked, 38.6 raked hands/table/hr. Full ring was 34% games raked, 23.8 raked hands/table/hr. Some VERY rocky tables, so I think this is about the worst you can expect.

[/ QUOTE ]
That seems way lower than average. I don't have PT in front of me, but I seem to recall full being ~45% and 6m being somewhere in the 60s.

rhizome 12-29-2005 05:42 PM

6m = 43% for me. 10k hands

CrazyEyez 12-29-2005 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
6m = 43% for me. 10k hands

[/ QUOTE ]
Ouch. I guess I suck at remembering.
[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Scotch78 12-29-2005 06:09 PM

After 22,000 hands of full ring, 46.3% have been raked.

Scott

MicroBob 12-29-2005 06:12 PM

I'm guessing the percentage of raked-hands on Stars low-limit tables will go down beginning on Jan 1.

Onaflag 12-29-2005 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing the percentage of raked-hands on Stars low-limit tables will go down beginning on Jan 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't bet against you on that one. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Hijack Alert: Anyone have numbers on 1/2 NL?? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Onaflag.........

CrazyEyez 12-29-2005 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
And Party will get fishier (less rocky)?

Recliner 12-29-2005 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hijack Alert: Anyone have numbers on 1/2 NL?? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got 38% for 1/2 NL over 4,300 hands and 23% for .5/1 NL over 11,200 hands.

You can get these numbers by setting up poker tracker to only show stats for Poker Stars and only at the limit you want and then go into the 'Game Notes' tab, set 'Only show hands with at least $1 rake' and then 'Get All'.

To continue the hijack I'd like it if everyone could give info on whatever limits they play so I can add the information into my calculator so people have an easier time figuring out how many VPPs and FPPs they are going to generate.

MrMon 12-30-2005 03:28 AM

$2/$4 6 max update - 44.6% raked, 39 raked hands/table/hr. Finally found some looser tables, and were they juicy! These are not high-speed tables, however.

waffle 12-30-2005 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
$2/$4 6 max update - 44.6% raked, 39 raked hands/table/hr. Finally found some looser tables, and were they juicy! These are not high-speed tables, however.

[/ QUOTE ]

almost every single table is juicy.

12-30-2005 04:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm missing something, but why is that?

waffle 12-30-2005 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm missing something, but why is that?

[/ QUOTE ]

vip club goes live, more tight players start playing on stars.

Sniper 12-30-2005 04:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Double FPP on Stars right now... if they aren't there now taking advantage of that, to get a head start on the juicy VIP prizes.. they aren't gonna be there on Jan 1 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Losing all 12-30-2005 05:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Double FPP on Stars right now... if they aren't there now taking advantage of that, to get a head start on the juicy VIP prizes.. they aren't gonna be there on Jan 1 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, the double seems good, but after a week or so I'll never get under double again.

MicroBob 12-30-2005 07:31 AM

exactly...the double-points does practically nothing for me and I haven't been playing there at all.

However, maybe it does do something for some people.

but it feels like every 2+2'er and their brother will be heading over to stars beginning Jan 1. Hopefully enough fish get dragged along.

Will be interesting to see how much more ring-game action they get the first week of Jan compared with what they normally get.

Rootabager 12-30-2005 08:43 AM

Why would that many 22'ers be going there if they still cant get rakeback? I will play there occasionally but the VIP still isnt rakeback.

MicroBob 12-30-2005 09:49 AM

it is roughly the same as rakeback in the minds of many 2+2'ers.

It's obvious from the discussion in various threads that lots of 2+2'ers are interested in this program and will be trying it out.

12-30-2005 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would that many 22'ers be going there if they still cant get rakeback? I will play there occasionally but the VIP still isnt rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but Stars has lower rake than Party at almost every level. Combine the lower rake + VIP and you come out ahead of most rakeback deals.

1p0kerb0y 12-30-2005 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It's obvious from the discussion in various threads that lots of 2+2'ers are interested in this program and will be trying it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully the games will still be pretty decent. How much traffic will be headed to Stars from NON 2+2ers? It's really hard to tell. Gonna be interesting.

I think I have pretty much given up on being a PlatinumStar for now. GoldStar is my new goal. I can play a lot of tables, but have somewhat limited time because of my work schedule. So since my new goal is 4000 VPP instead of 10000, I might play games that I find more profitable such as $22 SNGs (which get less VPPs than ring games) and some of the $1/2 NO-LIMIT tables.

The best thing that could come of this is for Party to lose some traffic/customers and Stars to gain some. Then hopefully Party will come up with a workable VIP program of their own. (The one they have now pretty much sucks).

lumpy19 12-30-2005 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
exactly...the double-points does practically nothing for me and I haven't been playing there at all.

However, maybe it does do something for some people.

but it feels like every 2+2'er and their brother will be heading over to stars beginning Jan 1. Hopefully enough fish get dragged along.

Will be interesting to see how much more ring-game action they get the first week of Jan compared with what they normally get.

[/ QUOTE ]

The double points are great for me. I have over $1k in pending bonuses there. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Timer 12-30-2005 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As soon as the double points is over I'm not going to try and clear bonuses at 16% raked hands. I don't care anything about the VIP promotion; it does nothing for me. I'll be through with Stars, and giving Battlefield a try.

rhizome 12-30-2005 08:06 PM

At 2/4 6 max, Site A has a terrible rake structure, but in terms of money, it is still better for me to play there than at poker stars.

Avg. Rake Per Hand
PS -- 0.58
Site A -- 0.91 (That's 57% higher than PS!!)

Avg. Rake I have Paid Per Hand (yeah, I'm tighter than most)
PS -- 0.06
Site A -- 0.11

If we assume 5.2 players per hand, then from site A I will get .91/5.2 * 28% = .049 per hand. That makes up the difference in rake that I have paid.

Site A also has a points system (worth about the same as a FPP to me) and many bonuses that do not deduct from MGR (worth about .06 per hand at 2/4). My win rate at both sites is probably similar, so the only benefit -- to me -- of playing at Poker Stars is that they will have more players and better software. Site A is actually paying me more than I'm paying them in rake.