Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Some Blind Stats (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=392106)

mojobluesman 12-05-2005 07:40 PM

Some Blind Stats

I was looking at my PT stats after 12K hands and they look kind of tight.

VPIP from the small blind - 28.42%
Folded SB to Steal - 98.18%
Folded BB to steal - 80%
Folded BB to steal HU - 78.57%

milesdyson 12-05-2005 07:47 PM

Re: Some Blind Stats

[ QUOTE ]

Folded SB to Steal - 98.18%
Folded BB to steal - 80%
Folded BB to steal HU - 78.57%

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
they look kind of tight

[/ QUOTE ]
understatement of the century

try ~85%, ~50-60%, and ~40%. but really if you want to get better in this area you will benefit greatly from playing 6-max and not just trying to change your stats.

mojobluesman 12-05-2005 07:52 PM

I'm not really sure what I am doing wrong. I more or less follow the pre-flop charts from SSH for the blinds and do loosen up a little if a raise comes from late position first in, but I'm not sure what to add.

How did the VPIP for the SB look?

My VPIP for everything is just over 15%. I realize that's low, but I don't play small pairs and Axs nearly as much as most players here because I play a lot of $1-$2 and on UB where the games are a lot tighter.

Shillx 12-05-2005 08:00 PM

What limit is this?

This would be really bad (much too tight) for anything 2/4 and up. I don't know what 1/2 and .5/1 play like so I can't comment on those. I would suspect that it is also pretty bad for those limits too though.

detruncate 12-05-2005 08:06 PM

Hey mojobluesman. I wouldn't start freaking out just yet. What limit? How many occurrances does this actually represent?

I just made a foray back into the world of .5/1 and blind defence situations only occured 20 times combined in over 11,000 hands.

mojobluesman 12-05-2005 08:11 PM

It's a combination of .50 - $1 and $1-$2 at PP, UB, and Pacific.

I was shocked when I looked at the stats, but I can honestly tell you I'm not sure what I am doing wrong because I thought I was loosening up a bit when the raise came in from late position 1st in.

I'm not sure what PT considered a steal raise. Is is just from late position first in or does middle position first in also count?

Either way, I need some basic direction here before I start practicing 6-max. Help!!!!!

Shillx 12-05-2005 08:17 PM

Here are my #'s over about 13k hands of 2/4.

VPSB: 27.3%
Folded BB to steal: 60.3%
Folded SB to steal: 74.6%
Folded HU: 44%

I dunno if that helps but that is all I have. Another thing to consider is that you should be 3-betting steals from the SB (in PT a steal is considered a raise from the CO or button). Don't be flat calling in the SB as it is much tougher to play a 3-way OOP w/o the lead pot then a HU pot w/ the lead.

Brad

mojobluesman 12-05-2005 08:29 PM

I'm going to have to try to figure out how I could be screwing up this badly when I'm generally following the SSH chart and loosening up a little. Thanks for the 3-bet advice. Maybe it's a combination of being too tight and just random luck in that situation.