Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Blind defense A9o (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=371062)

pokerjunky 11-03-2005 01:03 PM

Blind defense A9o

CO is 17/11/2, no read on SB

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
4 folds</font>, CO raises</font>, 1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: (3 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets...

Final Pot: 4 BB

Redd 11-03-2005 01:12 PM

Re: Blind defense A9o

I think I'd play it the same way.

11-03-2005 01:14 PM

Well the CO either has a monster, or absolutely nothing, so I like the turn bet.

11-03-2005 01:49 PM

I like the bet here. You are going to at least find out where you stand if anyone fires a raise back to you. If you get any action back I'd drop. What about you?

11-03-2005 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the bet here. You are going to at least find out where you stand if anyone fires a raise back to you. If you get any action back I'd drop. What about you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Insta-muck

UCLAseetoK 11-03-2005 03:48 PM

Does anyone like a flop bet here?

W. Deranged 11-03-2005 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The only way I like a flop bet here is if I thought my hand was clearly the best hand going into the hand, since I didn't improve at all an I'm not folding better hands with a lowly flop bet.

If I thought that we true, I would have three-bet pre-flop.

Since I didn't three-bet pre-flop, I'm not betting the flop.

This logic is all [censored] up, fo' sure, but my point is simply that it really doesn't make sense to bet this flop with an unimproved hand that wasn't good enough to three-bet pre-flop. If we didn't have an equity edge pre-flop, we don't have one now, and just starting to try a drive bluff here will get expensive and the pot is really not that big.

The turn bet is good though.

UCLAseetoK 11-03-2005 03:58 PM

Crap, I didn't see that CO raised preflop.

My bad. Ignore my above post that was probably already read before this one.

brettbrettr 11-03-2005 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The only way I like a flop bet here is if I thought my hand was clearly the best hand going into the hand, since I didn't improve at all an I'm not folding better hands with a lowly flop bet.

If I thought that we true, I would have three-bet pre-flop.

Since I didn't three-bet pre-flop, I'm not betting the flop.

This logic is all [censored] up, fo' sure, but my point is simply that it really doesn't make sense to bet this flop with an unimproved hand that wasn't good enough to three-bet pre-flop. If we didn't have an equity edge pre-flop, we don't have one now, and just starting to try a drive bluff here will get expensive and the pot is really not that big.

The turn bet is good though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, I sort of disagree. Not completely, but I think there's a good chance we have the best hand pre-flop, and if sb folded I'd be more inclined to 3-bet. Again, I'm not bloating the pot OOP with what might be the best hand.

I sort of do like a flop bet here, and I sort of like it a lot because of the presence of the sb. If BB was playing a hand like 66 or AT, he now has an excuse to fold because:

1. The pot isn't all that big.
2. Because of the sb, he doesn't have to play "sheriff."

I make this bet fairly often and (I think) I have success with it. The point being that in a 3 way pot he can't call with a lot of hands that he would HU.

BigBrother 11-03-2005 04:39 PM

Donking that flop will sometimes work out, but I think you end up spewing too much of the time. Just because SB checked the flop to the raiser doesn't mean he did not catch a piece of the flop. And sometimes CO will play back at you just for giggles.

Once the flop is checked through and SB checks the turn you are getting 3:1 to fire a bet. I like it. Fold to a raise, and re-evaluate at the river if just called.