Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Gambling Games (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   USC/Virginia Tech thoughts (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=116885)

mikelow 08-25-2004 11:17 PM

USC/Virginia Tech thoughts

The first game of the college season. Here's what I see:

USC appears loaded, but there are five new starters on the offensive line. Also no Mike Williams. But there's still a lot of offensive talent on this team. For the Hokies, Marcus Vick's suspension isn't a huge blow. But can the Hokies exploit the suspect pass defense of USC? What about their defense?

If the line goes up to about 20, a small play on the Hokies might be in order as the Trojans may feel the hype. Otherwise pass. There is still too much of a talent gap.

craig r 08-25-2004 11:47 PM

Re: USC/Virginia Tech thoughts

i would agree with you. if it goes to 20 (quite a few people are predicting that it will), then jump on VT.

craig

Big Al 08-26-2004 05:48 PM

I look for USC to shake, rattle, and roll to an easy cover, even if the line goes to 20.--Big Al--

scalf 08-26-2004 07:00 PM

Re: USC/Virginia Tech thoughts.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] the big line move has been the total from 59.5 down to 50's (low)..

unders are big early in college fb season; where timing of offense is so critical; even when one team is far superior..

either way...

hey i'm betting with big al

gl

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

jujujaja34 08-27-2004 12:03 PM

mikelow,

If theres one thing I learned going to Virginia Tech is that VT covers early in the season.

VT will keep it close with a strong defensive effort and ball-control offense.

USC - 27
VT - 14

jujujaja34

craig r 08-27-2004 01:46 PM

I am not saying that USC won't cover 20, but I can't understand somebody taking -20, or any other number other than -17 (maybe 17.5), since that was the opening line. Why would you bet into a line that moved that much against you (not you personally Al)?

craig

Wake up CALL 08-27-2004 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not saying that USC won't cover 20, but I can't understand somebody taking -20, or any other number other than -17 (maybe 17.5), since that was the opening line. Why would you bet into a line that moved that much against you (not you personally Al)?

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

The line is not moving against you, it is moving with the side you already like.

Nemesis 08-27-2004 03:34 PM

but the bigger the spread gets the harder it's gonna be for USC to beat. I think that if the spread keeps getting bigger then VT is probably a good play as they are more likely to cover. Now if you got USC at 17.5 then the line went to 20 i think that you're happy because you "bought" at the right time.

craig r 08-27-2004 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it is moving with the side you already like

[/ QUOTE ]

generally not a good thing if you are a contrarian.

B8w 08-28-2004 01:07 AM

Re: USC/Virginia Tech thoughts.

Anyone else have any thoughts on the over/under?