Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Frist Announces He's Running For President (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=302904)

DVaut1 07-28-2005 10:22 PM

Frist Announces He\'s Running For President

"In a break with Bush, Senate Republican leader Bill Frist will support bill to expand federal financing for embryonic stem cell research -- expected to announce decision Friday am in lengthy Senate speech... MORE..."

Criticize the source, but if it's true, he's pretty much just kicked off his campaign

JimBob2232 07-28-2005 10:33 PM

Re: Frist Announces He\'s Running For President

I love people who knock drudge for coming out with news stories. Sure sometimes he gets a bad source, but 99% of the time he gets news days or weeks ahead of everyone else. Just need to keep that little bit of doubt in your mind, but the overwhelming majority of the time, you can take it to the bank

[censored] 07-28-2005 10:35 PM

This doesn't suprise me and I don't think he will run.

DVaut1 07-28-2005 10:37 PM

What can this be, other than presidential politics?...keeping the first line of the story in mind:

"In a break with Bush..."

slickpoppa 07-28-2005 11:10 PM

I hope Frist cites his expertise at diagnosing patients from videotapes.

DVaut1 07-28-2005 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope Frist cites his expertise at diagnosing patients from videotapes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every qualified physician knows that if a video shows someone's eyes following a balloon, it means they're obviously conscious, if not ready to get up and walk out of the room. Anyone who disagrees is clearly part of the culture of death, i.e., a Democrat.

AngryCola 07-28-2005 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who disagrees is clearly part of the culture of death, i.e., a Democrat.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the kind of over the top stuff that makes both sides look increasingly worse.

DVaut1 07-28-2005 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the kind of over the top stuff that makes both sides look increasingly worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may have missed my sarcasm...

Unless you critiquing that my sarcastic comment was over the top; in which case, fair enough. But I don't think it was that far off the mark from some of what was being said at the time - and if I had to, I'd be willing to wager I can produce empirical evidence to prove it.

andyfox 07-28-2005 11:24 PM

One of the more boring speakers I've ever heard. He'll have a hard time gettting anywhere, I would think.

[censored] 07-28-2005 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What can this be, other than presidential politics?...keeping the first line of the story in mind:

"In a break with Bush..."

[/ QUOTE ]

He has always disagreed with The President on this issue and said so many times citing his medical background. Like I said this is not surpising at all.