Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   QQ vs minraise on a dry board (200 6 max) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406224)

pmuir10 12-27-2005 11:12 PM

QQ vs minraise on a dry board (200 6 max)

villain is 40/7/2 so far..

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

BB ($193.50)
UTG ($238.07)
MP ($229.74)
Hero ($204.55)
Button ($408.75)
SB ($126.65)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $9</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) calls $8, BB calls $7, UTG calls $7.

Flop: ($36) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
3 checks, Hero bets 25, BB raises to 50, Hero pushes???

iceman5 12-27-2005 11:23 PM

Re: QQ vs minraise on a dry board (200 6 max)

Pushing is the worst possible move. Call, fold, or even reraise, but pushing is not smart.

If you want to get all in, just call and raise the turn all in.

12-28-2005 12:40 AM

Very standard. You'll likely get called by any overpair. You don't want to wait for the turn because an A or K will either out-draw you or kill your action, and if your opponent does havce an overpair, he may find a fold when a higher card hits.

Gugel 12-28-2005 01:19 AM

Hmm...my spidey senses are tingling...
Not only did he check-raise, but he MIN-CHECK RAISED.
I'd call the flop, check the turn. If he bets the turn, I muck. If he checks the turn and bricks were dealt on the turn and river, I'd call a reasonable river bet.

Slappz 12-28-2005 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm...my spidey senses are tingling...
Not only did he check-raise, but he MIN-CHECK RAISED.
I'd call the flop, check the turn. If he bets the turn, I muck. If he checks the turn and bricks were dealt on the turn and river, I'd call a reasonable river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

weak, if he has any pocket pair from 22-JJ i could see him check miniraising to see where he is. A push folds out a lot of hands you beat, i would check-raise all in on turn. If he has a set then reload and take some notes.

billyjex 12-28-2005 07:07 AM

I think folding here is weak. Villian's stats seem to indicate a semi-LAG (for full ring.) He's not nitty so the flop minraise doesn't scream monster most of the time. It's tough because I think there's merit to a flop push if we knew the villian sucked and couldn't fold any pair six or higher here; the turn could kill your action against a small overpair. Call and c/r turn seems like a good line without any more information this his stats, however.

pmuir10 12-28-2005 09:23 AM

guys, i have position on him..

thanks for the replies though.. oh and he had A3o and stacked me.. i still think i was ahead of his range though, figuring that i get paid pretty often by lower pocket pairs in that situation..

BobboFitos 12-28-2005 11:47 AM

I like calling

scdavis0 12-28-2005 12:38 PM

I like a push with AK and a call with QQ

Leptyne 12-28-2005 01:19 PM

Every time I see this move I'm thinking that hero doesn't want a call. So what are you thinking here? Do you want villain to call with his 76s, A6s, 45s, etc? You know he's not folding a better hand. So what's the purpose of this push?

Villains PFA of 2.0 tells me he's only slightly aggressive and a VP$IP of 40 says he likes to have "pretty good" cards.

Anyway, I'm inclined to call here and give the action back to villain. The pot now contains $136 so a PSB basically put you all-in. There is little chance of a turn card improving either of you, so you should get some information from his turn lead. You can consider pushing the turn, or perhaps you'll want to put villain on a wider range of hands. In other words you could still get away.

iceman5 12-28-2005 07:04 PM

You may well be ahead of the range of hands that he will min raise you with, but youre not ahead of the range of hands that he'll call an all in with.

12-29-2005 01:42 AM

ScDavis, how about a fold with A-K and a call with QQ, that sounds more reasonable to me

12-29-2005 01:55 AM

Pmuir10,

Trust me I understand your logic, I just lost roughly $400 the other day pushing all in on a re,re-raiser from the big blind preflop, I asked this forum about that hand, and I thought some really fantastic points were made. Q,Q is good so you can't fold, but there's no need to get crazy and reraise all in, that's what Big Jim said and I now agree.

Smooth Calling here is the best bet, if I can I'd like to quote Big Jim "Reraising all in is pretty bad here" Why because it lets your opponents off the hook when you have them beat, they'll fold any hands you are ahead on. Yet with AA or KK or a 3, they are calling your all in.

Since I couldn't put my opponent on any of those hands, I would just as likely think he was reraising me with a pair of 6's or a small overpair 7s,8s,9s,10s,Js I have to call and most likely my strategy would be to keep calling or betting if he checks til the very end. I'm planning on getting all my money in this pot, because I like my chances, I'm aware he could have me dominated, but it's a risk I'll have to take.

Essentially All in after the flop means you lose all $204 when he calls with better cards or win a small pot $111 when he folds weaker hands

while if you call all the way to the river, you could still lose your $204 to a better hand, but now when you just call it'll be harder for those smaller pocket pairs to go away 10s for instance and you'll be able to win more in those situations.

I'm not the best player but that's what I would do and the reasoning behind it,

I don't want to let those hands off that I can beat so easily by an all in and if I'm dominated just calling might give me more time to see that and save some money by the river. All in I agree is very bad

Lucky 12-29-2005 06:05 AM

Whats he calling with that you beat? not a lot of draws out there.

I take it you're figuring he doesnt have AA or KK, which would have re-raised pf. And he doesnt have the 3 because he'd wait to c/r turn????

So, you're hoping he's got TT, JJ or A6 or something? So what does he do with those hands to your push?