Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   99.8% to win on the flop (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=387592)

fire_fly 11-29-2005 01:07 PM

99.8% to win on the flop

i know this is dumb, but hey, they made a forum for it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

me 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

villain j [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Flop 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet (my table image is that i'm a moron at this point, one i like to have when i make a hand) I've been running over this guy for a while and he's been fighting back lately. Let'em fight [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

villain calls

turn 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] I bet, he raises, i cream myself and 3bet, he calls.

river Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] I am so happy at flopping quads it never even crosses my mind that they might lose, i'm not even looking at the board.

It's capped, i lose. I was honestly just so amazed i didn't tilt one little bit. I actually think it's kinda cool for some reason. Oh well, he took a 107 dollar pot from me, good times.

Oh yeah, so I plugged it into a hold'em calculator, and he wins this hand 1 out of every 500 times.

captZEEbo1 11-29-2005 03:00 PM

Re: 99.8% to win on the flop

limit bad beats are so stupid, although this one is moderately funny

rwanger 11-29-2005 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, so I plugged it into a hold'em calculator, and he wins this hand 1 out of every 500 times.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm surprised it's that high! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

TheMainEvent 11-29-2005 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
river Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
It's capped

[/ QUOTE ]

HEE-HAW

PoBoy321 11-29-2005 03:42 PM

I really can't believe that you think that there could possibly be something wrong with capping the river.

peritonlogon 11-29-2005 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really can't believe that you think that there could possibly be something wrong with capping the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Didn't you see the SF possibilities? What else would be calling against quads but a SF draw? duuuuhhhh. Besides, who would ever cap without the nuts? You gotta be able to lay this hand down on the river if you ever want to be a good player.

TheMainEvent 11-29-2005 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Didn't you see the SF possibilities? What else would be calling against quads but a SF draw? duuuuhhhh. Besides, who would ever cap without the nuts? You gotta be able to lay this hand down on the river if you ever want to be a good player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think what he means is, there's nothing wrong with capping the river just like there's nothing wrong with flushing a handful of $20 bills down the toilet. It's your money.

11-29-2005 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LoL.

Toro 11-29-2005 03:56 PM

Why was the river capped? HU is usually unlimited raises. I call BS on this story.

TheMainEvent 11-29-2005 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why was the river capped? HU is usually unlimited raises. I call BS on this story.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming this is online/not crypto