Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Big pot with 88 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=391998)

Rubeskies 12-05-2005 05:39 PM

Re: Big pot with 88

[ QUOTE ]

Button could be stabbing here. I am ahead of him a bunch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe but LPs rarely take stabs at many pots 5-handed. Especially when somebody raised preflop.

sthief09 12-05-2005 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like your river bet. A worse hand isnt calling and a better hand isn't folding. He called 2 cold on the flop and just called the turn, I check and let him bluff his missed draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

river bet is good. of course AK is calling

Lmn55d 12-05-2005 05:59 PM

oops didn't see MP was PFR. River bet is good because aces pay off and he's very likely to have AK/AT

climber 12-05-2005 06:03 PM

I agree with kurosh you are spewing. I dont liek the flop c/r with both the Q and the J. Make it only one of those its fine but not here.

After he calls your c/r and trun lead dont bet the river unless you have some kind of read that he likes to fold on the river.

Spicymoose 12-05-2005 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with kurosh you are spewing. I dont liek the flop c/r with both the Q and the J. Make it only one of those its fine but not here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was planning on check/folding the flop, but when I saw button bet, I figured I could easily be ahead, and decided to try to win this big pot. With MP raising preflop, checking, and then cold calling, I figure there was no way he had a Q. After he only calls me on the turn when the jack pairs, I figure there is no way he has that either.

[ QUOTE ]
After he calls your c/r and trun lead dont bet the river unless you have some kind of read that he likes to fold on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

He could still be drawing, but too passive to fold his A. Having the read that he likes to fold on the river does not help me here. I need him to be calling as much as possible on the river. No way I am getting a better hand to fold. This is hopefully for value.

climber 12-05-2005 06:31 PM

Sorry ignore my advice I kind mis-read the hand and had you with only one villain who initally bet and kept calling you.

12-05-2005 07:19 PM

Ewwwwwww. What, you putting the MP on AK, AT, or worse pairs?

Given the way he played post flop, I'm guess you lost to 99 or TT.

Spicymoose 12-05-2005 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ewwwwwww. What, you putting the MP on AK, AT?

[/ QUOTE ]

Either that or as you say, 99 or TT. I think AK is most likely out of all.

[ QUOTE ]
Given the way he played post flop, I'm guess you lost to 99 or TT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, AK.

Spicymoose 12-05-2005 07:28 PM

For those of you who don't like my play, would anything change if I had 99 or TT?

For those of you that do like my play, would anything change if I had 22-77? What would you change if anything?

12-05-2005 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For those of you who don't like my play, would anything change if I had 99 or TT?

For those of you that do like my play, would anything change if I had 22-77? What would you change if anything?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like TT much better. You beat more pairs (99/88 for example). It helps rule out AT as a holding since you hold two T's already, so you can make AK more likely.

In a nutshell, with TT you beat a significantly larger range of hands he could hold.