Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   J2o in BB (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=325701)

Tommy Angelo 08-30-2005 01:49 AM

J2o in BB

$40-80 at Bay101. It was a daytime game, full, and limpy loose. I was in the big blind with J2o when this hand amused me. Two players limped and the small blind folded and I checked. Already this was the smallest pot of the day.

The flop was AK3 rainbow. I bet. They both had J-10 so they both called.

The turn was a ten. I checked. They checked.

The river was a queen giving everybody the nuts.

Watch this.

I checked. The next guy (TNG) looked to his left and he saw that the other guy (TOG) was going to bet. So TNG checked, and TOG bet. Meanwhile I’d been looking at TNG and I couldn’t tell what he had. I called TOG’s bet and now here comes TNG with a checkraise. Then TOG smoothcalled TNG’s raise which meant either 1) TOG had a jack and he was hoping to suck me into overcalling without one, or 2) TOG didn’t have a jack and he was making ill-advised decisions on the river again.

I made it three bets just in case number two was true. TOG called my reraise, making this the third smooth-call-going-for-the-overcall of the round. Everybody got to do one. In counterclockwise order. Same with the checkraises.

So now the bidding was back to TOG. He capped it at seven no trump. I called, TNG called, and we all tipped.

Tommy

veganmav 08-30-2005 03:11 AM

Re: J2o in BB

Why did you bet that flop?

Entity 08-30-2005 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because when Tommy bets out on an AK3 flop, people fold. Well, generally.

Rob

imitation 08-30-2005 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why wouldn't you bet this flop 3w with two players showing no preflop agr. I'm not sure where they limped from though.

Steve Giufre 08-30-2005 03:57 AM

If these guys auto call with J10 in a pot that small, its probably not such an easy bet like you guys are implying, regardless of Tommy's image. I think betting once in a while here is fine, but to say its obvious he should bet there seems kinda silly.

Lawrence Ng 08-30-2005 05:45 AM

Fold on the river, you are drawing dead. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Lawrence

elindauer 08-30-2005 06:11 AM

It's bizarre that these guys both played the river so well and the rest of the hand so poorly. Great river action.

-Eric

Hamlet 08-30-2005 11:39 AM

Are there turns you would continue betting on? If a low rag comes off, do you continue to try and steal?

Tommy Angelo 08-30-2005 11:44 AM

"Are there turns you would continue betting on?"

No.

Tommy Angelo 08-30-2005 11:47 AM

"It's bizarre that these guys both played the river so well and the rest of the hand so poorly."

Everybody plays better when they have the nuts.