Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   A Chance to bust Aces? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=144368)

Cleveland Guy 11-03-2004 02:11 PM

A Chance to bust Aces?

Is my play too loose? too agressive? or just about right?

Pokerroom $50 buy in - 6 handed

Villian is in CO $26
Hero is in BB with $ 134

1 Limp, Hero raises to $1.75. Folded to BB, limper folds.

Hero holds 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

By the villians raise I am pretty sure he is on a big pair, probably aces. He usually raises strong with High PP, and has trouble getting off of them.

Flop comes 932 rainbow.

Hero bets $2, Villian raises to $5, Hero Raises to $10. Villian Calls.

Turn - K (complete rainbow)

Hero checks, Villian goes all in. hero?

Registrationtoo 11-03-2004 02:35 PM

Re: A Chance to bust Aces?

Muck. I dont think you should of reraised him after flop.

dogsballs 11-03-2004 07:46 PM

Easy call.

I wouldnt raise that from the BB preflop. Or was that your opp who raised?

Flop looks ok to me. I'd a probably been the one setting him in on the turn, instead of checking (if he might let go). Otherwise you could check and hope he calls your check for the free card.

Cleveland Guy 11-03-2004 09:27 PM

He raised. I would never raise that from the BB pre-flop.

More than heads up or 3 ways I think I'm folding this for the raise.

Cleveland Guy 11-04-2004 09:50 AM

RESULTS

Thanks for the feedback.

I did call the turn bet, and the river was a 5 giving me a straight and busting his AAT8.

to answer a couple questions, why not re-raise the flop? I think i'm actually slightly ahead here, and I might take control to get a free card on the turn.

On The turn I checked hoping for a free card, but thinking I had the odds to call. I was giving myself the 2-A's, 2-2's, 3-3's, 3-4's, 3-5's and 3-6's as outs. If he checked behind, I could release on the river if I missed and he bets. Is that bad thinking?

I didn't mind the free card, but figured it was a call.

I still learning, so I just wanted to check my play. This wrap was pretty low but I think i got about the perfect flop on it.

NotAClue 11-04-2004 11:31 AM

Re: RESULTS

I think if you check the turn out of position (after reraising on the flop), you will face a bet (as you did) at least 80% of the time.

DiggaDiggaDuh 11-04-2004 01:30 PM

OK, I'm slightly confused. It was your opponent who raised preflop, correct? Was this a max, pot raise? Is he the type who would raise w/ hands besides Aces?

Couple comments:

- How were you expecting to get a free card out of position? Probably not going to happen unless you just confused your opponent into checking behind you.

- Assuming you have the correct read and the guy has aces, I would probably raise max on the flop or call the flop and then lead max on the turn. C/R on the flop is probably your best play IMO. You have plenty of outs and this is a good chance to get him to lay it down. Of course this may vary by your read of the opponent.

Cleveland Guy 11-04-2004 01:49 PM

Okay, yes the VILLIAN raised, not hero. My Bad. sorry for the confusion.

he was usually very passive pre-flop. I had only seen 1 or 2 other raises from him, so very limited to his PFR.

I was thinking the re-raise on the flop, check on the turn might have him confused a bit. I didn't mind calling the bet, and I was 95% certain he wasn't laying down.

I figured I'd take the chance for the free card, but your right, a push might not be bad either.