Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   HU: River Action (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=366336)

Spladle Master 10-27-2005 02:12 AM

Re: HU: River Action

[ QUOTE ]
I think that the villain has 45 here very often, therefore i think that you CANT be bluffing (at least not profitably), between the times that he calls w/ sets (not very often, only his higher ones), and the times when he has the nuts. A thinking player should be able to realize this and fold most of his hands. Thinking players dont go broke in limped in pots against the obvious nuts very often.

[/ QUOTE ]

This hand was played heads-up. As in, only two hands were dealt.

durrrr 10-27-2005 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

This hand was played heads-up. As in, only two hands were dealt.

[/ QUOTE ]

your an idiot.

To the OP; what would you do w/ 22 in villain's spot (after your river push)? What do you think most fairly solid players (as you described this one) would do? There are times when a push is ok, but early into a heads-up with a TAG, decent opponent, whom isnt tilted (and doesnt think you are) i doubt that a push is anywhere near the most profitable line.

etizzle 10-27-2005 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
seems pretty reasonable/TAGish, the kind of guy i dont think you have a huge edge against.

[/ QUOTE ]

and

[ QUOTE ]
I CR allin

[/ QUOTE ]

= huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

im more likely to get called here by a thinking player than a mediocre 10-20 player, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that the villain has 45 here very often, therefore i think that you CANT be bluffing (at least not profitably), between the times that he calls w/ sets (not very often, only his higher ones), and the times when he has the nuts. A thinking player should be able to realize this and fold most of his hands. Thinking players dont go broke in limped in pots against the obvious nuts very often.

[/ QUOTE ]

personally i instacall here with A8, A6, and all sets

durrrr 10-27-2005 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And expect to see?

mikech 10-27-2005 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And expect to see?

[/ QUOTE ]
a busted flush? worse 2pr? if you're folding a set on that board where exactly ONE straight is possible--in a hu match no less--you're out of your mind.

Spladle Master 10-27-2005 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
your an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sweet, sweet irony.

fsuplayer 10-27-2005 10:12 AM

*RESULTS*

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
seems pretty reasonable/TAGish, the kind of guy i dont think you have a huge edge against.

[/ QUOTE ]

and

[ QUOTE ]
I CR allin

[/ QUOTE ]

= huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

im more likely to get called here by a thinking player than a mediocre 10-20 player, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is exactly what i was thinking as well.

to those of you who wouldnt go broke with a set there, well, stick to full games bc you will get run over folding in these spots.

his turn/river bet was really what lead me to CR all in as an overbet.

he slightly overbet the turn, which is often a tell of strength. his river bet was also quite strong, not some 'please call me with an '8' bc I have a crappy ace' value bet. it reeked of strength.

after I moved in, he thinks for almost the whole time (which now a days isnt much) and calls with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

thanks for the responses.

RED FACE 10-27-2005 10:14 AM

Does a decent tag villain bet near the pot last on the river w a real hand if he puts hero on a busted draw?

Does a decent tag villain continue to try to bully on the river(by betting 350 on 365 pot) last w air after strongly betting at hero's weakness on turn and getting called?

I think the answer to both of these is no. So I don't think villain is a decent h2h player for this limit so I read his betting as having a weak hand and not wanting a call. So what is the most likely raise to get called? The smallest, of course. So min raise.

fsuplayer 10-27-2005 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does a decent tag villain bet near the pot last on the river w a real hand if he puts hero on a busted draw?

[/ QUOTE ]

a draw is one possibility, but so is an 8, a weak ace etc. this is HU, im checking calling the turn with more than just draws.

[ QUOTE ]
Does a decent tag villain continue to try to bully on the river(by betting 350 on 365 pot) last w air after strongly betting at hero's weakness on turn and getting called?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, of course people bluff on the river. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] in full games as well as SH'd and even more in HU.

[ QUOTE ]
So I don't think villain is a decent h2h player for this limit so I read his betting as having a weak hand and not wanting a call. So what is the most likely raise to get called? The smallest, of course. So min raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow.

since when does a weak hand who is bluffing the river going to call a raise?? his bets told me either a ton of strength, or nothing at all.

i lose nothing if he has air and folds, and as etizzle said, aces up has a real tough time folding here and a set doesnt.

VanVeen 10-27-2005 11:33 AM

C/R is by far the best river play. He will bet many hands he cannot call a bet with ($$) and you get more value out of aces up, which will rarely raise a 'real' lead but will occasionally call a check-raise. He goes broke with a set either way. You lose some value vs. an ace w/an unpaired kicker that will check behind (but sometimes bet?) but look you up, but I don't think he has a hand like that often enough given the action for it to sway your decision.

If he calls any check-raise at all he calls all-in. Definite shove.