Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   the official Ed Miller Deserves a Bachelor Party thread (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=328610)

Luv2DriveTT 09-02-2005 09:37 PM

the official Ed Miller Deserves a Bachelor Party thread

our very own NPA is getting married the last week of October. therefore Friday October 14 - Sunday October 16 is Ed Miller's official 2+2 bachelor party weekend.

the agenda:

1) raise money to fly Ed to NYC, and set him up at a bitch'n hotel

2) have Ed's friends from home meet him in NYC

3) have every 2+2'er who ever benefited from his amazing book chip in to buy him the mother of all wedding gifts

4) strippers. lots & lots of strippers. since it is Ed, beer must be included.

5) poker might be included in this plan somewhere, in NY & or AC. to be determined.

details are still to be finalized, we need to determine the best way to set up a collection for his gift(s). additional coordinators will be required, I suspect this is going to be the mother of all 2+2 bachelor parties. the suggested donation should be $25-$50 per person with goal goal of making this an all expenses paid trip for him.

who is willing to donate for the cause? who is willing to show up to celebrate Ed Miller's last days of bachelorhood?

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

KDawgCometh 09-02-2005 09:41 PM

Re: the official Ed Miller Deserves a Bachelor Party thread

aye, and I can party with y'all too cause i'm in NJ, happy days

jason_t 09-02-2005 09:44 PM

I told you earlier today when we talked on the phone I was 99% to be there; now I am 100%.

istewart 09-02-2005 09:54 PM

Where are you KD?

bottomset 09-02-2005 10:10 PM

I'm in for $50

JoshuaD 09-02-2005 10:10 PM

I'm down. I'm in NJ and I'll be there.

Let me know when collections start.

KDawgCometh 09-02-2005 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where are you KD?

[/ QUOTE ]

New Brunswick. In fact, I live at the house where that guy drank wayyyyy too much like three weeks ago(I'm not gonna say what happened, cause anyone who heard about it know the result)

KDawgCometh 09-02-2005 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

where in NJ josh

jason_t 09-02-2005 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Where are you KD?

[/ QUOTE ]

New Brunswick. In fact, I live at the house where that guy drank wayyyyy too much like three weeks ago(I'm not gonna say what happened, cause anyone who heard about it know the result)

[/ QUOTE ]

Where in New Brunswick? I had a friend that lived on High St and have one that lives on Brookside and we all used to hang out at Ale 'n' Wich on Hamilton and at West Side End on Easton.

Evan 09-02-2005 11:04 PM

JBB told me about this earlier and I assmed it was all a joke. When I found out you were serious I cracked up laughing. This is hilarious on so many levels.

B Dids 09-02-2005 11:10 PM

I am down financially, although can't be in person.

KDawgCometh 09-02-2005 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Where are you KD?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where in New Brunswick? I had a friend that lived on High St and have one that lives on Brookside and we all used to hang out at Ale 'n' Wich on Hamilton and at West Side End on Easton.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a big fan of the Ale n Wich. I'm on Hardenbergh st right now. I used to live in the big olive house on Somerset st across from Neubies, and lived before that on top of what used to be legends deli and marcos/gerlandas/now paulies pizza. I have been living down in the college ave area since june of 2000 and was a Mason Gross music student before that over on cook

Entity 09-03-2005 12:15 AM

I'm down for a donation (no trip for me).

I think this is a FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANTASTIC idea.

Rob

istewart 09-03-2005 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Where are you KD?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where in LA? I had a friend that lives in Fresno and have one that lives in Malibu and we all used to hang ten on Sunset Boulevard with hot blonde California babes.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

Also, KDawg, New Brunswick is a bit gay IMO [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. Rutgers?

Evan 09-03-2005 12:35 AM

Fresno was a bad choice of cities for this joke.

istewart 09-03-2005 12:40 AM

I'm a California noob and just thought of random ones. I realize this now.

Evan 09-03-2005 12:43 AM

scrub and I made the same mistake when we were driving to Vegas. We saw a sign on the highway that said "Fresno 10 miles". We're thinking since we're from the east coast and we've both heard of Fresno that it will be a bustling metropolis...WRONG. The "city" was completely desolate except for a few cows.

istewart 09-03-2005 12:44 AM

Hahaha/.

Ed Miller 09-03-2005 12:49 AM

Sweet. My fiancee is dreading it.

paperboyNC 09-03-2005 12:52 AM

I'm in NYC a lot [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'd contribute.

jason_t 09-03-2005 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm in NYC a lot [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'd contribute.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh joy! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

KDawgCometh 09-03-2005 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Where are you KD?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where in LA? I had a friend that lives in Fresno and have one that lives in Malibu and we all used to hang ten on Sunset Boulevard with hot blonde California babes.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

Also, KDawg, New Brunswick is a bit gay IMO [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. Rutgers?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, bruns blows. I came out here for rutgers, dropped out and stayed. I'm moving back to chi-town in june when my lease is up and getting back into school so I can finally finish up

jason_t 09-03-2005 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Where are you KD?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a big fan of the Ale n Wich. I'm on Hardenbergh st right now. I used to live in the big olive house on Somerset st across from Neubies, and lived before that on top of what used to be legends deli and marcos/gerlandas/now paulies pizza. I have been living down in the college ave area since june of 2000 and was a Mason Gross music student before that over on cook

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Ale 'n' Wich is awesome.

Hardenbergh put's you ultra close to St. Peter's liquor store, no? I always found that funny; it's right across the street from a hospital and named afer it.

The olive house across from Neubies? Is that above Corner Tavern?

Paulies is [censored] awesome, especially since they started staying open late on Thursday and Friday nights.

I've taught on Cook/Douglass; that campus scares me.

KDawgCometh 09-03-2005 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm down for a donation (no trip for me).

I think this is a FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANTASTIC idea.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

a few beers in ya maybe [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

KDawgCometh 09-03-2005 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Where are you KD?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hardenbergh put's you ultra close to St. Peter's liquor store, no? I always found that funny; it's right across the street from a hospital and named afer it.

Paulies is [censored] awesome, especially since they started staying open late on Thursday and Friday nights.

[/ QUOTE ]

its was the house like two doors down from the corner rat hole. Harvest Moon and the Olive Branch are my main bars that I go to(well, stuff yer face too, but its more of a resturant). I liked Cook/Douglas it was cool, but college ave>cook/doulgas. Don't know when you moved out to LA but I had friends in the following bands if you ever caught them, New Blood Revival, Rerun, Ambassadors or Reality, and Jones. I also played with Fatty Lumpkin on a gig, which was fun.

All of the Paulies people know me, I've been going there since the first owner ran it(they're on number 3 now), and I'm cool with all of the guys at the Lazy Shopper, man, I've been around this town wayyyy too long [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

jason_t 09-03-2005 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Where are you KD?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

its was the house like two doors down from the corner rat hole. Harvest Moon and the Olive Branch are my main bars that I go to(well, stuff yer face too, but its more of a resturant). I liked Cook/Douglas it was cool, but college ave>cook/doulgas. Don't know when you moved out to LA but I had friends in the following bands if you ever caught them, New Blood Revival, Rerun, Ambassadors or Reality, and Jones. I also played with Fatty Lumpkin on a gig, which was fun.

All of the Paulies people know me, I've been going there since the first owner ran it(they're on number 3 now), and I'm cool with all of the guys at the Lazy Shopper, man, I've been around this town wayyyy too long [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Harvest Moon was okay, imo. The food there was overpriced and not that good. Down the street from it is Makeda. Wow is that place awesome. A great place to take a date. Where is Olive Branch? Stuff Yer Face is fun too. Lots of sluts. I don't remember any of those bands, but I used to see a bunch of local bands at Cafe 52 and some place on George St. whose name I can't remember. Two of my friends were in a band, but the name of it escapes me right now. They were two crazy graduate students and they had songs making fun of Christopher Reeve and other such subjects.

Ah, the Lazy Shopper. Right across from what used to be Cafe 52. So sad when Cafe 52 burned down. And I'm not very happy with the interior changes to Evelyn's but I love the backyard patio.

KDawgCometh 09-03-2005 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Harvest Moon was okay, imo. The food there was overpriced and not that good. Down the street from it is Makeda. Wow is that place awesome. A great place to take a date. Where is Olive Branch? Stuff Yer Face is fun too. Lots of sluts. I don't remember any of those bands, but I used to see a bunch of local bands at Cafe 52 and some place on George St. whose name I can't remember. Two of my friends were in a band, but the name of it escapes me right now. They were two crazy graduate students and they had songs making fun of Christopher Reeve and other such subjects.

Ah, the Lazy Shopper. Right across from what used to be Cafe 52. So sad when Cafe 52 burned down. And I'm not very happy with the interior changes to Evelyn's but I love the backyard patio.

[/ QUOTE ]

I go to the moon more for the brews there and the bands that play there. I think that I have ordered food from there like twice at most. Makeda's kicks ass. The Olive Branch is over behind the college ave student center.

I knew several of the people that lived above Theresa's and Cafe 52. I remember when it burned down, I could smell the smoke from my place at like 8 in the morning, and I thought that it might be my place on fire. I think the changes at evelyn's is cause the guys that own it also owned the apartments and maybe cafe 52, so they used the insurance money on renovating evelyn's. I really enjoyed going to cafe 52 on the open mike nights in the summer and being drunk/high and chilling in that back area

It might be possible that you were at the old bay, cause I know that a lot of local bands play there, but that's across from the hyatt and next to the Tinder Box.

Luv2DriveTT 09-03-2005 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sweet. My fiancee is dreading it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ed, your fiancée will regret the day she gave you a thumbs up for this one [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I think a small committee should be formed, I can't take the lead this time but I can help get it on the right path. Any volunteers? I am also trying to coordinate a book signing event for Ed in NYC to help subsidize the costs.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

imported_CaseClosed326 09-03-2005 12:47 PM

Just tell me where to donate, and I will.

rmarotti 09-03-2005 12:49 PM

I am so fckin down for this.

jskills 09-03-2005 02:14 PM

I live in NYC.

I'll contribute more than $25, provided I can be there for the beer and strippers [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Jake (The Snake) 09-03-2005 03:34 PM

Weird, my house is like 15 mins from you.

I'll be in DC though, so no chance to meet 2+2ers again [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

callmedonnie 09-03-2005 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Where are you KD?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ale n Wich is tight. How does no one mention fat sandwiches? Too many of them and they're nasty, but sometimes, particularly at 3 am drunk, they hit the spot.

KDawgCometh 09-03-2005 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Weird, my house is like 15 mins from you.

I'll be in DC though, so no chance to meet 2+2ers again [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

well, whenever my lazy ass gets motivated to do it, I plan on running a mixed game at my place. I'll post it up in ss again

jason_t 09-03-2005 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ale n Wich is tight. How does no one mention fat sandwiches? Too many of them and they're nasty, but sometimes, particularly at 3 am drunk, they hit the spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those things are revolting. I want to firebomb the grease trucks.

(I'm just curious if I have met, or gotten into a fight with... any of you guys before? My buddy Vince and I used to go to Ale 'n' Wich and play pool all the time; we knew a lot of the crowd there and the owner Bob, etc.)

callmedonnie 09-03-2005 04:02 PM

My friends live there, so we probably don't know each other. They know the owner Bob as well. yea, grease trucks sucks. but jimmy's and pj's get it done. anyway, this thread is about ed not new brunswick, and i have to shower and head out to a tournament that I am excited for.

It is good to know others who also lived life to the fullest in New Bruns.

KDawgCometh 09-03-2005 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Those things are revolting. I want to firebomb the grease trucks.

(I'm just curious if I have met, or gotten into a fight with... any of you guys before? My buddy Vince and I used to go to Ale 'n' Wich and play pool all the time; we knew a lot of the crowd there and the owner Bob, etc.)

[/ QUOTE ]

it is possible that we might've crossed paths in the past. I used to be a major "provider" of some smokable fun, so I was around lots of places in bruns during those days

Jake (The Snake) 09-03-2005 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I want to firebomb the grease trucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have completely lost all respect for you. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

JoshuaD 09-03-2005 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

where in NJ josh

[/ QUOTE ]

Lakewood, which is about 15 minutes from seaside, 5 from toms river.

smokingrobot 09-03-2005 06:47 PM

if anyone has a pay pal account setup, you could "borrow" it temporarilyl and have everyone donate to that and have that person handle the transaction.

however, you really gotta trust that dude.