Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Mixed Games in Vegas (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=392195)

12-05-2005 09:44 PM

Mixed Games in Vegas

I've heard a bit about the 10/20 mixed game at the Wynn that goes frequently - does anyone have information on this game, or any other mixed games on the Strip (would prefer not to go downtown)? I feel comfortable playing any game except for Pineapple.

goofball 12-05-2005 09:54 PM

Re: Mixed Games in Vegas

Ah the mix game at the Wynn.

Since I've played in it, it always includes:

Stud 8 or better
Deuce to Seven triple draw

It usually includes
Omaha 8 or better
Razz
Crazy Pineapple 8 or better

It rarely includes
Stud
Holdem

12-05-2005 09:59 PM

Thanks! Sounds interesting. Unfortunately I don't plan on playing much poker this time around (going there this weekend), but I'll make sure to check it out when I'm there next. Triple Draw and Stud 8/b are two of my stronger games. How is the competition, and when does it run?

Photoc 12-06-2005 01:26 AM

The Aladdin held a HORSED game this past thursday (E for Omaha Eight). I believe it is scheduled for this thursday with quite a few on the list already for it. 4/8 limit.

jba 12-06-2005 01:33 AM

HORSED

D= 27 triple draw? or am i an idiot

12-06-2005 02:19 AM

in this case at the Aladdin the "D" was $1-5 5 card draw.

Spook 12-06-2005 02:43 AM

ok, if the e is for Omaha eight... what is the o for? Limit Omaha? gah.

Howard Burroughs 12-06-2005 03:09 AM

"ok, if the e is for Omaha eight... what is the o for? Limit Omaha? gah."

Yea, they tried to pull that backwoods Alabama HORSE on me when I played at the Aladdin. I told 'em, "Omaha high I'll play, but it can't be HORSE without stud/8". So we played the real Horse with an extra "O". Hold'em, O/8, Razz, Stud (High), 8 or better Stud, Omaha (high).

This was two weeks ago and I see they have now done away with Stud/8 again in their HORSE game (If I'm reading Photoc's post right). WTF?

Howard Burroughs 12-06-2005 03:29 AM

Hi Randi,

Nice playing the Aladdin red chip game with you a couple of weeks back.

Question.....

How's the drop-in traffic in the Aladdin mixed game?

When I played it, it was fun but we were mostly 4 handed. Thanks for any feedback.

Howard

Don Olney 12-06-2005 10:06 AM

Howard, the mixed game last week had a good drop in from the traffic ----while it did not run as long as I would have liked it did run from about 6:00 pm till around 1:00 am-(close to it any way)
Draw is being taken out of the mix, will be adding something else from what I here---Most all games are up to talk to see what will be and not be in---Stud 8 was left out because 8 out of 10 that started the game last Thursday HAD NO IDEA WHAT STUD 8 was. Oh well......