Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Call a Preflop Raise Once Commited? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399844)

12-16-2005 06:24 PM

Call a Preflop Raise Once Commited?

My tendency is if I have already bet preflop,I feel committed to call a single raise. Is this wrong or right to do? Since I know examples are always a good thing, say I am in cutoff position and call with 66, the small blind raises. I call. Is it correct to call a single raise once you bet, or is this highly situational?

nomadtla 12-16-2005 06:26 PM

Re: Call a Preflop Raise Once Commited?

Once you have called once calling a raise is allways correct calling 2 back to you PF is more like a cold call. But if you allways called when it's just one back to you you would barely if ever be making a mistake.

David04 12-16-2005 06:33 PM

It is almost always correct to call a PFR, if you already have one bet in the pot. I can't think of a single situation when limping and folding to a raise would be optimal play, barring a misclick on the limp or making a tilt-induced call in the first place.

12-16-2005 06:52 PM

Thanks, It's what I do but I wanted to verify this. Unless anyone strongly disagrees, feel free to let this post bury itself.

12-16-2005 07:00 PM

The only situation where I think I have ever done this is when I complete from the SB with a pretty marginal hand (one I wouldn't have normally even limped with, but will spend 1/2 SB on) and the BB raises behind me.

Agthorr 12-17-2005 05:25 AM

The answer is "usually, but it depends".

Here are the factors I take into consideration:
<ul type="square">[*]How many players are left to act behind me, and are any of them likely to reraise?[*]How many other players are also tied to the pot?[*]Is my hand one that thrives on implied odds? (If so, be more inclined to call)[*]Is my hand likely dominated?[*]What are the raising standards of the raiser?[*]Can I get it heads-up with the raiser by re-raising, and would I want to?[/list]

12-17-2005 06:46 AM

If your hand was good enough to limp with, it's pretty much always right to call a single raise.

12-17-2005 06:51 AM

What about if you raise with KQo from middle position first in and get reraised by a fairly tight button, is it correct to fold or should I look at the flop?

Shillx 12-17-2005 07:04 AM

It is rarely correct to call one bet and then fold for one more. There is one preflop spots in which I would do it though. First off you have to follow one of the golden rules of LHE:

When you have a full small bet invested preflop with a pocket pair (makes no difference how it got there), you are going to see a flop.

The said advice can be applied to suited connectors as well.

The only time I would limp/fold is in a situation such as the following. Three limpers and I complete T7o in the SB. The BB raises, everyone calls and I fold. I'll let others elaborate.

Brad

ajm36 12-17-2005 07:50 AM

If his PFR is around 0.9 over 200 or more hands, then fold--otherwise, you must see the flop.