Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Defeatest Howard Dean Says US Troops Can't Win (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=392347)

BluffTHIS! 12-06-2005 01:19 AM

Defeatest Howard Dean Says US Troops Can\'t Win

Apology:

Sorry, guys, a moderator error by me deleted this post.

-andyfox

----------------

Changed thread subject back to its original title.
-Cola

BCPVP 12-06-2005 01:26 AM

Re: Defeatest Howard Dean Says US Troops Can\'t Win

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen this before in my life. This is the same situation we had in Vietnam.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dean is an idiot if he thinks Iraq resembles Vietnam in any meaningful way. So many things about Vietnam are almost the exact opposite of Iraq.

12-06-2005 02:01 AM

You'd think a person who wants to talk about "not winning" something would be a person who actually knows something about not.... oh, wait a minute. Never mind.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

BluffTHIS! 12-06-2005 02:10 AM

<-------- plays fulltime for a very nice living and doesn't quit when the variance gets rough.

12-06-2005 02:15 AM

Yes, I'm certain you're quite successful and wealthy and the ladies all flock to you. Aside from that, I was referring to Howard Dean. You know, the guy referred to in the Subject?

"You're so vain, you prob'ly think this song is about you...."

BCPVP 12-06-2005 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
<-------- plays fulltime for a very nice living and doesn't quit when the variance gets rough.

[/ QUOTE ]
Admit it, you started this thread to brag about your poker winnings... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

andyfox 12-06-2005 02:50 AM

Where does Dean say he has no confidence in the ability of our brave troops? He says he has no confidence in the ability of our president.

I think Dean is a bad party chairman, but I don't see him saying what you says he is.

andyfox 12-06-2005 02:52 AM

"So many things about Vietnam are almost the exact opposite of Iraq."

Explain please? Thanks.

BCPVP 12-06-2005 02:55 AM

Vietnam-Started with few soldiers, ended with a full-scale war.
Iraq-Started as a full-scale (sorta) war, ending (will end) with fewer soldiers.
The type of enemy we're fighting, they're goals, etc.
Iraq is not Vietnam.

Cyrus 12-06-2005 03:12 AM

Aren\'t you keeping up with the news, Victoria ?

[ QUOTE ]
Clearly Dean has no confidence in the ability of our brave troops, even if he disagrees with the way the administration is conducting the war.

[/ QUOTE ]
The administration itself has already defined its objectives for victory in Iraq as a successful hand-over to the Iraqi military and security forces which will carry on the fight against insurgency. The administration has warned that the fight in Iraq may take years - perhaps go into the next decade. do the math : A military victory is not in the cards any time soon.

In other words, victory for the American troops, henceforth, depends more than anything else on the Iraqis' successful undertakinbg of the counter-insurgency war. Some victory objective!

On an individual level, I guess, victory for the soldier means staying alive until they United States hands over the whole wretched mess to the natives and gets the hell out of Dodge.

Or haven't you heard ?