Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Best 3-Man Band Ever (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=382550)

4_2_it 11-21-2005 11:49 AM

Re: Best 3-Man Band Ever

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that nirvana is coming in 1st really shows the avg age of posters here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Nirvana is a unique case. Their drummer, who everyone thought was a schlep turned out to be a better song writer/composer than Cobain. I never got into them when they were hot, but have rediscovered them once I realized how much I like Foo Fighters. (I did not vote for them BTW)

I think the problem I have with Rush (awesome live) is that they have more average to bad albums than good/solid ones. They definitely win the longevity award.

zephed 11-21-2005 11:52 AM

Ahahahahahah! Nirvana?

bwana devil 11-21-2005 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The fact that nirvana is coming in 1st really shows the avg age of posters here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nirvana was really not very good [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

not very good? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] ill give you that they were overrated only because any band that was that popular must surely be overrated. i dont know how anyone can say they werent "very good" though.

btw i think they were freakin great. listening to them now.

Soul Daddy 11-21-2005 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Their drummer, who everyone thought was a schlep turned out to be a better song writer/composer than Cobain.

[/ QUOTE ]
I apparently like Nirvana more than most people on this board, but c'mon.

crunchy1 11-21-2005 12:17 PM

Chick Corea's Akoustic Band

4_2_it 11-21-2005 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Their drummer, who everyone thought was a schlep turned out to be a better song writer/composer than Cobain.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you listened to Foo Fighters? I am shocked that Grohl managed to stay on the drums. Since Cobain doesn't have a large catalogue it is hard to argue who is the better song writer, but I think its is much closer than Cobain worshippers would care to admit.

Soul Daddy 11-21-2005 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you listened to Foo Fighters? I am shocked that Grohl managed to stay on the drums. Since Cobain doesn't have a large catalogue it is hard to argue who is the better song writer, but I think its is much closer than Cobain worshippers would care to admit.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've listened to Foo Fighters enough to know that Groehl does nothing for me. I'm hardly a Cobain worshipper.

RunDownHouse 11-21-2005 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would still lean towards RUSH simply because they have stayed together as a band

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, let's penalize Jimi for dying. Rush isn't even in the top three here. The Jimi Hendrix Experience takes #1 for me.

nicky g 11-21-2005 12:36 PM

"Their drummer, who everyone thought was a schlep turned out to be a better song writer/composer than Cobain."

You are smoking some serious crack.

The answer is Nirvana by a very very long way. Another three man band I liked a lot were Morphine, whose frontman is also dead.

Georgia Avenue 11-21-2005 12:37 PM

On the list its nirvana (Xclose)

Other: The Gories, and I'm not just sucking up.

It might also be: minutemen, grand funk railroad, john spenser blues explosion, or beat happening.