Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Timed out on Party again!! Help please, so tired. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=326105)

ebaudry 08-30-2005 04:44 PM

Timed out on Party again!! Help please, so tired.

Today you may save a life.

My damn internet connection timed out, again, today while I was on the bubble in two different tournaments. I don't feel like calculating how much I might have lost, but you can probably smell the frustration.

I really can't deal anymore.

Couple questions:

How often do you get timed out (disconnected requiring some sort of intervention on your part like restarting your computer or hub, or whatever)?

How do you go about reconnecting as fast possible?

My connection tends to "fix itself" after I restart my wireless Netgear router a couple of times. Sound familiar to anyone, or is my gear bunk?

Please help with solutions:

Should I upgrade the firmware on my Netgear wireless router?

Should I just replace the whole thing with something top of the line (would it make a difference)?

Anyone have good luck with a particular wireless router, especially one with a decent range?

Thank you so much, I really am going quite mad.

-Eric

KingMedicine 08-30-2005 04:55 PM

Re: Timed out on Party again!! Help please, so tired.

for the past 3-4 days or so, ive been getting disconn'd at 2 different party skins (8tabling). the skins have been causing the disconnections - im relatively certain of this b/c i never get disconnected when surfing the net - only when im playing on party skins. and its been happening frequently the past 4 days or so. i just got blinded off for about 15 minutes on 8 tables. good fun.

KingMedicine 08-30-2005 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My connection tends to "fix itself" after I restart my wireless Netgear router a couple of times.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is also what i do to get reconnected. my system, modem and router are all very new (bought about 3 months ago) and high quality.

krimson 08-30-2005 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Should I upgrade the firmware on my Netgear wireless router?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a possiblity but if you go this route, make sure you have access to some older firmware's. Too often, an "upgraded" firmware just introduces new bugs and issues.

Synergistic Explosions 08-30-2005 08:54 PM

This was happening to me very often also. I decided to try a new Netgear router and it solved all my problems since.

I'm guessing we all bought bad routers.

JayCo 08-30-2005 11:37 PM

I switched to all Linksys gear after smashing my fist againt the monitor one to many times due to disconnects.

Equipment cost a bit more, but got better support, better reliability.