Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Blind Defence: check or bet this turn? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=370993)

gopnik 11-03-2005 10:11 AM

Blind Defence: check or bet this turn?

My notes on the villain: aggressive preflop, weak post flop. This read is pretty shallow because we only played together for like 20-30 hands.
Bet this turn or try to get a free card?

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls.

Flop: (7 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: (5.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

11-03-2005 10:17 AM

Re: Blind Defence: check or bet this turn?

Check is gOOt.

WalkAmongUs 11-03-2005 10:21 AM

Check the turn is good.

I'm interested in the reraise PF. I dunno if I'd do this with KJo because its so much of a trap hand. If your sure he's on a steal raise and he tries to steal with crap cards then I guess its good.

Other than that I'd probably just ditch it and let him have the fitty cent.

sean c 11-03-2005 10:31 AM

Had he been aggressively stealing blinds? Checking the turn is good and i like the river bet.

@bsolute_luck 11-03-2005 10:53 AM

i like the turn check because you're gonna have to pay off a raise for your OESD making this an unnecessarily expensive turn.

lautzutao 11-03-2005 10:53 AM

bet the turn. If he's paired the board on the flop you have 14 outs and you're still good. If you're ahead(ie. he's raising a draw here), you're betting for value and that's good too.

Donking here also might push a better hand out(a PP) when you bet the river as well if you had happened to miss.

Jaran 11-03-2005 10:55 AM

I check (check with outs, blah, blah, blah)

-Jaran

11-03-2005 10:57 AM

The PF reraise makes this another one of those hands that doesn't make sense to a beginner. Sure, in later streets you're getting what appear to be odds to play--but it's only because you pot-committed yourself by being ultra-aggressive PF.

To put it another way, I see a lot of stuff here that I think beginners should avoid because their postflop skills aren't good enough to deal with the consequences. Sure goes for me. I fold this PF and move on.

lautzutao 11-03-2005 11:00 AM

wow, you can't fold KJo here. This is a big hand heads up my man.

edited because I thought villian was in CO and this was a blind steal.

lufbradolly 11-03-2005 11:05 AM

Fold preflop.

Your OOP and 3 betting a hand that could well be dominated.

Also you said yourself that your read is only based on 20-30 hands so you dont really wanna be trying to play marginal hands OOP without decent reads.