Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Places to eat in Washington D.C. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=381406)

Maulik 11-19-2005 03:48 AM

Places to eat in Washington D.C.

I've got nothing to do tomorrow and I suspect its going to be a good day to go out for dinner. I have no idea where I want to go so any suggestions would be solid.

PoBoy321 11-19-2005 03:51 AM

Re: Places to eat in Washington D.C.

What's your price range? There are a bunch of good, reasonably priced places in Georgetown, namely J. Paul's, Clyde's, Pizzeria Paradiso and Paper Moon are a couple of my favorites. If you're looking for something a bit more pricy, The Prime Rib is very nice.

Also, are you just in town visiting?

Maulik 11-19-2005 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
J. Paul's, Clyde's.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a fan of these restaurants. I do however love Houston's (Bethesda, Rockville) if you're familar with that, similar setting, great American food.

price <= $60

Maulik 11-19-2005 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, are you just in town visiting?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm getting a haircut, go to school @ UMD. Unfortunately, I don't make it out to DC often enough. GU student?

PoBoy321 11-19-2005 04:00 AM

I haven't been to the Houston's down here, but I went to one up in Jersey (not sure if it's a chain) but I liked it. You might also want to look into 3rd Edition on Wisconsin, which I liked the few times I went there. For Mexican food, I like Cactus Cantina and Guapo's both on Wisconsin. Paper Moon is an Italian place (right off of M St., I want to say on 31st, but I could be a block off) which I really like and is in your price range, so if you're in the mood for Italian, that's my recommendation.

EDIT: And yeah, I go to GU.

legendary loser 11-19-2005 04:14 AM

I've eaten at Paper Moon. It is a pretty good Italian restaurant that will get you a meal for less than $30 w/o drinks. There are a ton of restaurants in Georgetown, you can pretty much walk the streets and pick a restaurant. Legal Sea Food is another option...I think there's one near the Foggy Bottom Metro stop.

I go to UMD too.

mason55 11-19-2005 05:25 AM

Jaleo is really good and not too bad if you like Tapas.

Rushmore 11-19-2005 08:32 AM

It's been a while, but there are two great restaurants on Connecticut right across rom the Uptown Theater--Spices (pan-Asian), and a Vietnamese Pho restaurant (Pho 49?).

I used to eat at each weekly, and they were both excellent.

Jeffage 11-19-2005 01:15 PM

Great restaurants in DC: Red Sage - Bottom Level (near Gallery Place), DC Coast (14th street), Ceiba (Near Metro Center), Corduroy (near metro center), Filomena (G-Town). These are all pricey and require reservations but are excellent.

Jeff

cdxx 11-19-2005 01:20 PM

chinatown. for really cheap (<$20), Full Kee is a great chinese restaurant. plus it's close to other stuff to do in dc on a weekend.