Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   HU Hand vs Strassa (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=392142)

raptor517 12-05-2005 10:22 PM

Re: HU Hand vs Strassa

this bet means only 2 things to me. you are beat or he has complete air. really tough to fold there the way it was played.. i do like a raise on the turn though, but as other posters have mentioned, if hes been running you over, you can tyr to get him to keep betting.. though strassas good enough to pick up on that too and likely wont fire so big at the river imo. i duno i get a vibe he has something like 88. i could be way off though. also, i suppose something like 7T is possible as well. holla

Jason Strasser 12-05-2005 10:29 PM

boy was i playing good that day

Yeti 12-05-2005 10:42 PM

I play it the same.

Rootabager 12-05-2005 10:54 PM

get it in and expect him to look you up often enough with JJ-KK. and of course any A, but i don't think that is often in his hand.

Maulik 12-05-2005 10:58 PM

as played what kind of hand is Strassa putting you on?

coltrane 12-05-2005 11:47 PM

I think it comes down to this: how likely is Strassa to fire a third barrel with air or fire/call a value bet on the river with something like QQ based on your prior history together?...if the probability on both of those two things is low, I like a turn raise....otherwise, I like how you played it - although I might've pushed the river, especially if he thinks there's any chance you could be bluff-raising....basically my feeling is that by that point you've gotten all the possible bluff value out of your hand, you're not all that deep, more than half your stack is already in the middle, and you have a strong hand against a non-donk player - I stick the rest in there and give him a chance to talk himself into calling with a worse hand (particularly with how bad you say he's been running)....if he shows me AK or nines full, he gets my money.....

EDIT: I also forgot that this hand started and ended Heads-Up.....makes even more of a case for pushing the river because all of the worse-ace hands comprise a much bigger part of his range than at even a four- or five-handed table....

fsuplayer 12-06-2005 01:19 AM

does my hand being AK instead of AQ have any impact on anyone's turn/river plays?

turnipmonster 12-06-2005 01:25 AM

it shouldn't

flawless_victory 12-06-2005 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it shouldn't

[/ QUOTE ]
disagree.

durrrr 12-06-2005 01:30 AM

Dont now how past history was between you both. He is capable of value betting very thin Strassa could hav KK here and would call my push w/ it some % i'd think. We both kinda aggro tho [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].