Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   FORUM NFL DEATH POOL - Any Interest? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=316459)

IHateKeithSmart 08-16-2005 03:13 PM

FORUM NFL DEATH POOL - Any Interest?

Hey all:

With all the fantasy and NFL talk, it's about time to kick up the death pools again. Wanted to see if there's any interest in a forum NFL death pool (all forums).

For those not familiar, it's very simple:

1) You pick 1 team each week.

2) You cannot pick that team again (i.e. pick Green Bay week one, can never pick them again).

3) If your team wins, you advance to the next week. If it loses or ties, you are out.

4) Picks must be in by Thursday of each week (to accomodate Thursday night games). I will post picks and results on the web.

5) Last person standing wins the entire pool - winner take all. If the pool lasts to the end of the season (unlikely), the pool is split amongst remaining players.

Entry fee is usually $10-$20 (we can come to some sort of consensus), and you can pick as many spots as you want (for example, you may want to 'play' 4 teams - pay 4 entries and you get 4 picks each week).

These can get pretty big - the office pool last year was over $5k.

If you are interested or have questions, please post back.

Wes ManTooth 08-16-2005 03:27 PM

Re: FORUM NFL DEATH POOL - Any Interest?

Sounds good, definately interested.

08-16-2005 03:30 PM

I would be interested.

SossMan 08-16-2005 04:28 PM

i'm in.

CollinEstes 08-16-2005 04:46 PM

Yeah I'll throw my money in too.

Sluss 08-16-2005 04:57 PM

I could throw money at this

meep_42 08-16-2005 05:10 PM

Sure.

-d

IHateKeithSmart 08-16-2005 05:13 PM

Cool, if we can get at least 12-15 participants, I'll post an 'official' thread for signups. Also, keep in mind you can play multiple picks (I usually do 3).

McGahee 08-16-2005 05:16 PM

Definitely in - these are fun.
Just remind me to stay away from games involving the New York football Giants. They have screwed me over one way or the other for like the last 3 years.

08-16-2005 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I could throw money at this

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know I very well might be the only person who ever lost in the first week 3 years in a row. If you must know the picks in 2002 I took St Louis over Denver in week 1, in 2003 I took Miami over Houston and Last year I took Houston over San Diego. Man I suck at survivor.