Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   20/40 high: Loose aggro guy and me (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=354395)

Bartholow 10-10-2005 10:25 AM

20/40 high: Loose aggro guy and me

Opponent is loose-aggro, but not insane. I'd say I'm ahead about 60% of the time on 3rd.

Check on 5th very wimpy or only somewhat? Good to try to take it away from him later?

7 Card Stud High ($20/$40), Ante $2, Bring-In $5 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___completes___calls
Seat 6: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises

4th Street - (4.95 SB)

Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (3.48 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks

6th Street - (3.48 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

River - (5.48 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

Total pot: (7.48 BB)

Jacob_Gilliam 10-10-2005 10:34 AM

Re: 20/40 high: Loose aggro guy and me

I would have bet 5th, check/call 7th. If he calls you your beaten, so the only thing you can hope for is that he missed a draw.

Bartholow 10-10-2005 11:06 AM

Yeah, I considered the river bet a bluff.

BeerMoney 10-10-2005 11:12 AM

Bart, I really don't understand the check on 5th, and bet on 6th? I say bet 5th.

Bartholow 10-10-2005 11:22 AM

After I check on 5th, the bet on 6th in theory represents a flush.

Jacob_Gilliam 10-10-2005 11:40 AM

In theory, the other player has two pair and is not going to fold this pot, I wouldn't.

Bartholow 10-10-2005 11:52 AM

I think that one qualifies as "in practice".

But of course I agree with everything so far.

Roland 10-10-2005 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd say I'm ahead about 60% of the time on 3rd.

[/ QUOTE ]

So he’d raise here with 4A4, 4K4 etc.?

I think the check on 5th is okay. You probably have close to zero fold equity and being loose-aggressive he’ll typically bet his 4s here. If you are behind to a higher pair or two pairs, you save some $$$. If you are ahead you don’t lose any. (Assuming he bets. Also, he could raise with a weaker hand of course, but you’ll pretty much have to give him a free card on 6th, so you don’t gain). I think 7CSFAP recommends checking in these spots. I usually still bet against less aggressive opponents, but against this guy, hey.

Oh. He checked behind. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Did you intend to bet 6th after check-calling 5th if things didn’t get ugly? (Heh - you bet although things got ugly, I know. But things are a bit different since he checked behind on 5th. Just curious what you plans where).
At least betting out on 6th would have been my plan.

I don’t like the bet on 6th the way it went though. How is he supposed to believe you have a flush? Would you check your 4-flush on 5th?

Coming to think of it, if checking 7s is good on 5th, checking a 4-flush might also be good? (Of course checking would be pretty bad with either hand if you had some kind of fold equity, but given his board I can’t see him folding more than the odd 1 or 2% of the time). Hmmm…

Regardless though, what matters is what he puts you on, and I think he already ruled out flush draws once you checked 5th.
Also, the pot is pretty small. Of course that can be a good spot to bluff, just not in this case.

Bottom line, I’d take the free card.

As for the river bluff… I like it better than the 6th street bet, but what is he folding that beats you? Maybe 4s & 3s + a gutshot that didn’t get there? Not sure…

Interesting hand.

jogger08152 10-10-2005 01:12 PM

Are you hero or the loose-aggro guy?

10-10-2005 01:49 PM

Re: 20/40 high: Loose aggro guy and me *DELETED*

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky