Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   How many ways did I stuff this up??? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=365028)

10-25-2005 08:52 AM

How many ways did I stuff this up???

<font color="blue">
Button: 22/10.5/2.6
MP2: 42/0/.6
</font>
<font color="purple"> Figures are after 5 orbits </font>

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.75 (All-In), UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (20 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (13 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds...

<font color="red"> Or did I? </font>
(stuff it up that is. I definitely folded)

medaugh 10-25-2005 09:04 AM

Re: How many ways did I stuff this up???

I don't really see how we can continue with this hand. Looks good to me. Too bad it was a nice pot. Was folding the turn UI or to a diamond your plan post flop?

lautzutao 10-25-2005 09:09 AM

I think I have to call here. Your A outs are good enough here to call alone, and they might be good unless up against AA or JJ. KK we have 3 outs and QQ we have 6. We are drawing dead to JJ. We probably have to discount our A and K outs even further because they'll put 4:diamonds: to the board but still...

Am I using gorilla math counting these outs to justify a call here?

Hehe, I am using gorilla math [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

10-25-2005 09:12 AM

*Grunch*

Preflop: gOOt

Flop: Good check, we can't raise because we are OOP and there are 2 other PFRaisers yet to act. All we have are overcards (6 outs) + BDFD (1.5) = 7.5 outs. This is about 5:1 break-even odds and the pot is laying us 23:2 (11.5:1) so even though it is a cold call it is a good one.

[flame-proof suit] zip [/flame-proof suit]

Turn: Good fold. The pot is large but we are not getting more bets from the all-in player and we are UI with 3 to a flush and a pair on the board.

WalkAmongUs 10-25-2005 09:50 AM

Theres no way you can count your overcards as 6 outs with 2 OTHER Preflop raisers. Theres a good chance some of your aces or kings are in another players hand. On the flop I value them as 3 outs AT BEST.

bozlax 10-25-2005 09:57 AM

Preflop: no worries. (I love UTG's preflop line, btw. Give him a biiiiig note, "Might bluff-raise pf utg.")

Flop: Uh, I don't think you can check this after capping, preflop, or, if you do it's with the intention of check-folding, not check-calling-two-cold-not-closing-the-action. I actually prefer check-folding this flop, I think...you've got 2 opps with hands they liked enough to survive a preflop cap betting and raising into you, and you have no way of knowing it won't be 3-bet and capped after you call. You missed. MP2 and Button don't think they did. Let it go.

bozlax 10-25-2005 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Theres no way you can count your overcards as 6 outs with 2 OTHER Preflop raisers. Theres a good chance some of your aces or kings are in another players hand. On the flop I value them as 3 outs AT BEST.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's only 1 other preflop raiser. UTG raise-folded preflop.

10-25-2005 10:01 AM

Thanks! I grant you that I am not great at discounting outs yet. So that still gives us 4.5 outs by your math and the BDFD which is approx 9:1 and we're still getting 11.5:1 from the pot (or did I screw that up too?). This is why I put on my flame-proof suit! Thanks for the help [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

ArturiusX 10-25-2005 10:04 AM

Fold the flop with 2 back to you.

@bsolute_luck 10-25-2005 10:09 AM

hmm...i'm wondering about betting this flop, but i don't think check/calling is horrible. it is doubtful anyone is on a flush draw given small field and play so far plus we have the nut BDFD and a goofy straight draw, which total ~5 outs (conservative 3 outs to OCs, 1.5 BDFD, .5 for goofy straight draw). we need 9:1 to call profitably and getting 12:1, so calling here isn't a huge leak.

i really think this is a nh actually.