Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   How old are you? Where do you live? Best poker achievement? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=297687)

baronzeus 07-22-2005 05:39 PM

Re: How old are you? Where do you live? Best poker achievement?

1. 19
2. California/Palo Alto
3. Single
4. NVidia
5. Stanford/Computer Science
6. Gladiator
7. Been playing for 3 months seriously. Biggest accomplishment is getting a $0 bankroll (instantbankroll) to almost 10K in 3 months.
Currently playing 3/6 and 5/10 6max and 2/4 full on the BBJ tables.

Roland32 07-22-2005 06:14 PM

How old are you? Birthday? I am 25 May 21
Where do you live? Royal Oak Mi right outside Detroit 11mile
Are you married? Girlfriend/Boyfriend? Children? Live w Fiance
Occupation besides poker? I sell Medical equip
If studying, what and where? graduated from Michigan State 03 Marketing
Favorite movie?
Best poker acomplishment? Probably playing at this years World Series Main Event. I have a few Interet tourney wins and also won the Harrahs daily tourney $1540 while I was in Vegas for the Wsop
How long been playing? seriously for 6 years

JGlo 07-22-2005 06:50 PM

34 yrs old
Decatur, AL
Married 5 years with a son (2 1/2) and daughter (4 weeks).
Movie: Cool Hand Luke
Other occ: Pharmaceutical Sales (The Purple Pill)
Been playing about 1 1/2 year. Mostly $10 - $30 SNGs and some lower buy in MTTs (5 - 30)
Greatest accomplishment (which was probably the worst thing that could have happened to me): After only playing with real $$ for about 2 months, I came in 4th in a $5 MTT, 680 people, on PokerRoom. Been all downhill since then as far as MTTS go. Gave me a false sense of where I was as far as skills,if you know what I mean.

Read alot on here, but give little advice because I feel I still have a long way to go. Thank you in advance for replying to any donk- like question that I may post.

TheDrone 07-22-2005 06:52 PM

How old are you? 31
Birthday? 9/11 (yes, it is unfortunate)
Where do you live? Redmond, WA
Are you married? Yes, 4 years
Children? 1 girl, 20 months old
Occupation besides poker? Sr. Software Analyst
Favorite movie? Older: Shawshank (amazing how many here agree) Newer: Napoleon Dynamite (cuz i got numchuck skills)
Best poker acomplishment? A couple final tables, but the future looks bright...
How long been playing? 18 months of occasional play, just a hobby

Schaefer 07-22-2005 06:53 PM

Just turned 25, July 18, 1980.

I live in Carlsbad, CA but will forever claim Seattle as my home.

No member of the opposite sex holding me down at the moment.
I'm going to go back to school someday but for now I'm playing poker for a living.

Graduated from the University of Washington(only took 6 years!) and planning on getting my MBA at UCSD if I ever get tired of poker.

Life is Beautiful is my favorite movie.

I donked my way to 1st place in EPT Deauville but I think that my 2nd in Monte Carlo was a bigger accomplishment. Tougher field, I played much better and it paid more $.

I've been playing poker for 3 or 4 years but really started taking it seriously about a year ago.

Schaefer

PrayingMantis 07-22-2005 07:36 PM

I'll be 31 on July 24th.

I live in Israel, have a gf for more than 5 years.

Besides poker I'm a freelance writer for TV and other media here.

I have a BA degree in philosophy, studied mainly eastern philosophy. Much prior to that I've also studied physics and math, but stopped before I got my degree. I enjoy math a lot and love learning and playing with it, but got very bored when it came to actually dealing with math and science full-time (although it was rather easy for me).

Movies? it's tough. Too many. I'll leave it open.

I'm playing poker seriously for somewhat more than 2 years. I've built a bankroll out of nothing, playing SNGs and some NL ring, and made enough to maintain a BR and also for regular nice cash-outs. Less than a year ago I've started playing MTTs seriously, and I have several 4 figures wins at $50-$100 buy-ins on-line, mainly from the few last months.

My biggest accomplishment though is probably qualifying on Stars for 4 consecutive EPT events this year (3 times using FPPs only), and winning packages worth about $30K total, including for the grand final in Monte-Carlo. Unfortunatly I ran very cold on the 4 events themselves, so no big cashes. (Although I did make a final table at a biggish side event in Monte-Carlo for a small win).

Stoneii 07-22-2005 07:46 PM

One of the older crew (with not any more poker experience I may add!!!) but probably with a bit more bankroll management experience that comes with age!!. Anyway, think I did this previously but here we go...

How old are you? 42 (coming)
Birthday? 30 Sept
Where do you live? N.Ireland
Are you married? Yes to my beautiful and tolerant wife Jill
Children? 1 girl Sarah 13, 1 boy David 16
Occupation besides poker? Sr. Software Test Engineer
Favorite movie? Loads of 'em
Best poker acomplishment? A nice amount but nothing to put me on TV [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Online:
final tables (monies) include many 1st's-10th's (ft's) from buy-in ranges of $5 - $110 over the last 20 months. Latest MTT result was 11th place on 700 runner $110 weekly whopper on pac 2 weeks ago (although I did grab seat from an $11 sat [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]).
Live:
Several wins in local card club (max $2000) and several near misses (deep places) in Irish Poker tour events but sadly ranging from bubble to bubble - 10 - i.e all outside the money [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

How long been playing? Texas Holdem - nigh on 2 years but poker in general (i.e. 5 stud) nigh on 22 years (mostly as a losing social player I may add lol)

stoneii

Hotrod0823 07-22-2005 07:47 PM

How old are you? 31, 9/22/73
Where do you live? Brookfield (soon to be Torrington) CT
Are you married? Yes 7 going on 8 years
Children? 2 Daughters, 4 and 7 months
Occupation besides poker? Production Manager

Favorite movie? Swingers with Ferris Buellers a close second

Best poker acomplishment? Won a 10.00 rebuy, another rebuy was chopped 4 ways, finished 15th in Stars 215, a 50.00 final table on Party finished 4th thanks to another 2+2'r, and qualified for the 2005 (now the 2006 WSOP).

How long been playing? About 4.5 years

PrayingMantis 07-22-2005 07:50 PM

Hey Stoneii! Nice seeing you around here again... didn't see any posts of you for a long time, but maybe I have missed some... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

sam h 07-22-2005 07:51 PM

I'm 28 and live in San Francisco with a girlfriend of many years. I'm making slow, incremental progress towards a PhD in Political Science at UC-Berkeley, studying Latin American politics and political economy. I like movies a lot and couldn't possibly pick a single favorite, but I have recently touted Touch of Evil, This is Spinal Tap, and Jonah Who Will be 25 in the Year 2000 elsewhere on these boards.

I'd say my greatest poker accomplishments are:

1) Never going bust.
2) Living off poker for a couple years while keeping it from devouring the rest of my life.
3) Becoming a dominant anaconda player within my family by age 11.