Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   The OOT Challenge (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=407695)

gorie 12-31-2005 04:41 AM

Re: The OOT Challenge

[ QUOTE ]
no. i'm just really hammered right now. i suppose i should edit that post back, neh?

[/ QUOTE ]

that wasn't even directed at you i just used quick reply. i'm not sure why you felt the need to remove your post though.

theBruiser500 12-31-2005 05:23 AM

This might work if we got Ray Zee to ask everyone to not post.

Stuey 12-31-2005 05:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This might work if we got Ray Zee to ask everyone to not post.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a dreamer now you think you can control Ray Zee! Perhaps he might choose to do it though.

KKbluff 12-31-2005 05:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Virtually impossible.

[/ QUOTE ]

TheMainEvent 12-31-2005 05:30 AM

If you guys believe this might actually work, I'm kind of embarrased for you. But it's worth a try to see how close we can get, and who screws it up.

12-31-2005 05:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you guys believe this might actually work, I'm kind of embarrased for you. But it's worth a try to see how close we can get, and who screws it up.

[/ QUOTE ]
Whoever screws it up should get **

theBruiser500 12-31-2005 05:48 AM

If any of you want to do it you can go ahead and organize it, I won't do it with only 70% vote but you can feel free to.

Stuey 12-31-2005 06:40 AM

What if we did it this way?

Make a thread and people post stating which side they are on. Side one is the group that wants no posts in oot for 24 hours. Side two is the group that thinks it is a stupid idea and that it could never work.

Anyone that does not post in the thread picking a side does not count in the challenge. Then the good part the rewards.

If someone from group 2 posts they are IP banned and everyone in their group is banned from oot.

If someone from group 1 posts they are NOT banned and everyone from their group is banned from oot.

If after 24 hours neither group has made posts then group 1 is banned from oot.

All participants have the option to chicken out after teams are final but only before the 24-hour challenge has started if they see a person on their team they don't trust has joined after they did.

You know keep it simple.

Mexican Standoff!

Lazymeatball 12-31-2005 08:32 AM

bruiser has still not explained the signifigance of this challenge, because basically there is none. It is impossible, and if it were to be achieved it would have the same importance as one thousand people hitting themselves in the head with a hammer for no reason.

MonkeeMan 12-31-2005 03:07 PM

How about this idea.

On the designated day everybody makes their own decision and either posts or doesn't post. Then the mods can do an analysis of post quality for that day and write up a report and post it on a day when everybody is posting (except for those people who don't post that day). If the report shows that the post quality for the day of some people not posting is of high enough quality then everybody who did post that day is given a '+' in their title, and anybody who didn't post for whatever reason is put on ignore by whoever wants to ignore them. If, however, the post quality is reported to be low by mod standards, then everybody who did post is ignored by everyone but their peers, and people who didn't post for whatever reason are given a '+' in their title, unless they have '**', which would screw eveything up.

That would rule.