Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Tempupedic beds (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=315804)

djack 08-15-2005 05:08 PM

Tempupedic beds

I'm looking to buy a tempurpedic bed. From the official website, I can get a double shipped for $1758. I imagine it's possible to find cheaper, though I've heard that Tempurpedic tries to enforce minimum prices. Is there a good place to buy these on the internet or do I have to go out and try to price them locally?

Are there any brands that are the same thing but cheaper? It strikes me as possible that maybe I'm just paying for the brand name.

irishpint 08-15-2005 05:10 PM

Re: Tempupedic beds

you can call and get free samples sent to you. they are like 3 inches by 2 inches by an inch. small, but with enough of them you'll have a very cheap bed that is very nice to sleep on.

i am trying to make a pillow. i have 4 samples thus far.

Slacker13 08-15-2005 05:15 PM

Someone bought a mattress at http://www.mattress.com/ and was real happy. I bought mine locally, one of the best purchases I ever made, only problem is now I don't like getting out of bed because it is so damn comfortable.

djack 08-15-2005 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you can call and get free samples sent to you. they are like 3 inches by 2 inches by an inch. small, but with enough of them you'll have a very cheap bed that is very nice to sleep on.

i am trying to make a pillow. i have 4 samples thus far.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not that cheap. i just want to get a good price on the mattress.

bernie 08-15-2005 05:17 PM

I just bought a new bed. I got Novafoam instead of tempurpedic. It cost me 1/4 of what Temp costs. Costco has great prices on it.

'Linens and things' sometimes has the mattress out so you can lie on it.

b

TStoneMBD 08-15-2005 05:17 PM

is there much of a difference between temperpedic and memoryfoam? memoryfoam is much cheaper and i have 2 queen sized mattresses laid on top of each other for extra comfort and together it only costed $360. they are amazing. ive never laid on temperpedic before so i really dont know how it compares.

RollaJ 08-15-2005 05:17 PM

There are cheaper versions, but I cant say how good they are. I have a real one and love it (2 years now), and GrannyMae also has one, and seems to like it too.

That being said..... I got a great deal on a king size. I called Dial-a-mattress and asked for their best price (shipping and tax included), then I called 800-mattres and told them what I was quoted and asked if they could beat it... they did, I then called back D-A-M and they in turn beat that price.... I then called back 800-M and they said the couldnt beat it [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. So I got the King Size 10inch for less than the 1700 you are quoting..... incl tax and delivery

Talk2BigSteve 08-15-2005 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm looking to buy a tempurpedic bed. From the official website, I can get a double shipped for $1758. I imagine it's possible to find cheaper, though I've heard that Tempurpedic tries to enforce minimum prices. Is there a good place to buy these on the internet or do I have to go out and try to price them locally?

Are there any brands that are the same thing but cheaper? It strikes me as possible that maybe I'm just paying for the brand name.

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC, Granny Mae purchased one and loves it, you should PM "her" and see what she has to say.

Big Steve [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

djack 08-15-2005 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is there much of a difference between temperpedic and memoryfoam?

[/ QUOTE ]

that's what i was hoping someone would know.

Jman28 08-15-2005 05:34 PM

I've been told that these beds retain a lot of your body heat, so then you get really warm. Any truth to that?