Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   QQ - Slow down too soon on paired turn? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401747)

bnorthro 12-20-2005 12:46 AM

QQ - Slow down too soon on paired turn?

I just played this hand. It was my 3rd at the table. On the first hand villian limped from button, then raised me(BB) with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on monotone A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] hi board. I check/called him down (had a spade) and he fired every street UI, even the [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] river. So taking this, he's probably a bit of a maniac.

I figure he has a piece of this flop, or maybe 2 diamonds, or maybe nothing. The question is, does he have a J, and should I fire on the river?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (5.33 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.66 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.66 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.66 BB

He's essentially an unkown, though probably a LAG extreme, and I wanted to see a showdown, but I think I should have fired on the river. Too weak, or was this line standard?

Knoler 12-20-2005 01:20 AM

Re: QQ - Slow down too soon on paired turn?

I'd raise on this river, and call a 3-bet based on the fact that he's shown an ability to make the desperation bluff.

I like calling down otherwise, because unless he's truly off his rocker, he's not going to be calling your turn or river raises with many hands that you can beat -- and you'll get 3-bet with many of the hands that beat you.

-Brian

12-20-2005 01:23 AM

id play it the same way calling down but when that 3rd jack hits the river im raising

ArturiusX 12-20-2005 01:28 AM

Raise the river!

mongoose51 12-20-2005 02:35 AM

I would have to raise the river here, if he beats me with quads so be it, but I think there are many other cards he could have based on your reads.

bnorthro 12-20-2005 09:20 AM

Yeah, after I was done with the hand I think a river raise would have been in order. He had 102o and MHIG.

12-20-2005 09:51 AM

After the river, the only card that beats you is that last jack, he didn't show aggression PF so we can discount AA / KK (maybe not with this guy).

2pair / sets are now counterfeit. If the river wasn't a jack I wouldn't have raised.

True