Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Post your holiday horror stories here. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=405826)

pokerdirty 12-27-2005 11:26 AM

Post your holiday horror stories here.

I had typed this out in the "pick your airplane seat" thread, but I figure there are more horror stories to be had.

I was going from Columbus to Newark. It should take no longer than 3.5hrs from doorstep to doorstep. Left my house at 3:30pm for a 5:10pm flight. When I get there, the plane has not yet landed, and they say it will be at least 5:30pm before we take off. So we take off from Columbus at 7pm. There is this little [censored] rugrat behind me who won't shut the [censored] up and keeps kicking the back of my seat. After about 10-15 minutes, I turn around with that "I'm going to explode if this [censored] doesn't stop" look to her mother. Apparently, she didn't get the hint. The kicking continued. This time, I lunged my back into the chair, hoping that the tray table would pierce her skull and she would die. All it did was rattle her soda, spilling a drop on to the tray. This did not make her shut up, it just made her complain more. "Heeeyyyy, don't do dat mistuh!" Then the mom got in my face. "Why would you do that?" I turned around and said "All I want to do is to get a little sleep on this plane. I can't do that with your daughter's non stop pointless chatter, and with her kicking the back of my [censored] chair.", and turned back around. Once the F-bomb was thrown out there, everything stopped. I got a few dirty stares (using the F-word in front of children and people from conservative Ohio won't get you brownie points). Finally, at 8:30pm, I got off that [censored] plane. I probably got down to baggage claim about 8:45pm. Waited. Then waited. Waited some more. I got my luggage at 9:25pm. 40 [censored] minutes. Ran to the AirTrain so I could catch the NJ transit into the city. Caught the AirTrain just as it was arriving, finally I caught a [censored] break. I get into the train station at about 9:35pm, only to see that the next train wasn't until 10:15pm. [censored]. So I wait some more. Get on the train, and take it one stop to Newark Penn Station. They stop the train, and the conductor gets on the mic saying that the tunnel is closed, and that the train won't go for 45 minutes. [censored]. They say that the PATH train is running, so I run out of the train to try and go catch that. I get there, along with everyone else and their mother. I get on the WTC train, and transfer at Journal Square to take it to 14th street 3 blocks from where I live. Only, since it's late at night, the train goes to [censored] Hoboken first and sits there for 10-15 more minutes so that 3 extra [censored] people can get on the train. I finally get at my place at about 11:30pm, 7 hrs after I left.

Just to add insult to injury, I received some beer in my stocking and I put one bottle in each coat sleeve, and then shoved it in my bag. I got home and forgot about the beer, and when I took the coat out of my bag, the beer hit the floor, breaking the [censored] out of it. Ugh.

jba 12-27-2005 11:42 AM

Re: Post your holiday horror stories here.

yeah dropping the f bomb on a little kid really isn't that cool dude. karma [censored] you on this one

you should have just killed the little [censored]

pokerdirty 12-27-2005 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah dropping the f bomb on a little kid really isn't that cool dude. karma [censored] you on this one

[/ QUOTE ]

Dropping the F-bomb isn't cool, but killing the kid is? Holy [censored] life makes sense now. At least it got the kid to STFU.

Hamish McBagpipe 12-27-2005 11:49 AM

I was 5 minutes away from where there was a mass shooting yesterday in downtown Toronto. 1 dead, 6 wounded as a couple of [censored] fired into the boxing day shopping crowd on our main drag. Saw them cart away the corpse, lots of blood.

12-27-2005 11:53 AM

Mine was pretty tame, but annoying nonetheless. It really seems like my family (both sides, mine and wife's) can't seem to stay together for more than two hours together without a fight coming up about something. And they wonder why I shun family gatherings....

Because all you do is talk crap about each other behind each other's backs, or heck, to their face if you're feeling particularly onery that day! Such a bitter group of people. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Ray

jba 12-27-2005 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dropping the F-bomb isn't cool, but killing the kid is? Holy [censored] life makes sense now. At least it got the kid to STFU.

[/ QUOTE ]

nah I'm just saying I hate loud kids on planes too. they are just kids though, and dropping an f-bomb isn't that cool. especially if you had not yet asked the mom nicely to get it under control.

just my opinion..

B Dids 12-27-2005 12:03 PM

So the OP's story is basically about him being a passive agressive dick? Solid. 'Cause like just turning around and being nice would have been so horrible?

pokerdirty 12-27-2005 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nah I'm just saying I hate loud kids on planes too. they are just kids though, and dropping an f-bomb isn't that cool. especially if you had not yet asked the mom nicely to get it under control.

just my opinion..

[/ QUOTE ]

there was eye contact made, which is pretty obvious what I want when its from the guy in front of your daughter who won't stop moving her [censored] legs toward the back of my seat.

In my opinion, I shouldn't have to ask nicely. It should be a given that she should be enough of a parent to tell her daughter to stop.

pokerdirty 12-27-2005 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So the OP's story is basically about him being a passive agressive dick? Solid. 'Cause like just turning around and being nice would have been so horrible?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dids,

Maybe, but whatever happened to parenting? If I would have been that kid, my dad would have beat the [censored] out of me. Also, I'm pretty intolerant when it comes to kids.

Inthacup 12-27-2005 12:13 PM

After 10-15 minutes of kicking, you turn around and give a dirty look? lmao. Why are you so afraid of confrontation? 2 minutes into the kicking, turn around and civilly ask the mother to keep her daughter from kicking your chair. If the talking bothers you, get some headphones. End of story.