Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Finley to the Spurs (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=327009)

ThaSaltCracka 08-31-2005 07:14 PM

Finley to the Spurs

Holy [censored].

IHateKeithSmart 08-31-2005 07:20 PM

Re: Finley to the Spurs

Yeah, with signing van exel the other day, their g/f lineup is getting crowded. Are they planning on cutting/trading someone?

Non_Comformist 08-31-2005 07:29 PM

Great pick up for the Spurs. I think it would have been much more interesting if he would have gone with the Heat instead or even the Suns.

SammyKid11 08-31-2005 07:49 PM

I'm in mourning over this.

Phoenix1010 08-31-2005 08:19 PM

I hate it when crap like this happens. Former greats on their way down loading up on the championship favorite just so they can squeeze out one ring before they retire. These super teams make competition in the NBA a joke. Just like the Lakers of two years ago, I will be rooting heavily against these Spurs, and I will laugh heartily when they still lose to Indiana.

Vince Young 08-31-2005 08:26 PM

Michael Finley is a former great?

Phoenix1010 08-31-2005 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He averaged 22.6 points, 6.3 rebounds, and 5.3 assists in his best season, and has never strayed far from those numbers. Two time allstar and former Olympian. At times during the 90's, he was one of the top ten guards in the league. He's a Badger. He's a former great.

holeplug 08-31-2005 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate it when crap like this happens. Former greats on their way down loading up on the championship favorite just so they can squeeze out one ring before they retire. These super teams make competition in the NBA a joke. Just like the Lakers of two years ago, I will be rooting heavily against these Spurs, and I will laugh heartily when they still lose to Indiana.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno I don't see a problem with it. If I was in his position I'd rather play on the Spurs and get a ring than say Atlanta and their 5 fans for a couple of extra mil. Plus its not like he needs the $ anyway with that bloated contract he had.

college_boy 09-01-2005 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He averaged 22.6 points, 6.3 rebounds, and 5.3 assists in his best season, and has never strayed far from those numbers. Two time allstar and former Olympian. At times during the 90's, he was one of the top ten guards in the league. He's a Badger. He's a former great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Larry hughes' 04-05 season: 22.0 ppg 4.7 rpg 3.4 apg 2.89 spg. Michael Finley put up some pretty good numbers but I don't think you can call him great.

tdarko 09-01-2005 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Michael Finley put up some pretty good numbers but I don't think you can call him great.

[/ QUOTE ]
if your fantasy is to be stoned to death then say this in dallas.