Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   ptracker position stats -- need some feedback (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=391160)

scdavis0 12-04-2005 03:56 PM

ptracker position stats -- need some feedback

I was taking a look at my position stats in ptracker and noticed that I've lost about 2k from the small blind, while only losing 900 from the big blind. This is over 20k hands.

My vpip from the small blind is 40% which feels pretty high. Are these stats indicative of a leak?

Bukem_ 12-04-2005 03:59 PM

Re: ptracker position stats -- need some feedback

[ QUOTE ]

Are these stats indicative of a leak?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

Bukem_ 12-04-2005 04:08 PM

At 200 though, its probably not too big of a deal. YOur difference is pretty normal i think.

YOu will get killed when you move up vs tough opponenents and play with a 40 vpip from sb though.

scdavis0 12-04-2005 04:19 PM

What kind of breakdown should I be seeing for SB/BB won and lost? The SB suffers from the worst position at the table, but only has to put in half a bet pre flop.

What is the result of these conflicting forces?

4_2_it 12-04-2005 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What kind of breakdown should I be seeing for SB/BB won and lost? The SB suffers from the worst position at the table, but only has to put in half a bet pre flop.

What is the result of these conflicting forces?

[/ QUOTE ]

How often are you only putting in half a bet vs calling a raise? I fold everything except premium hands and pp in the small blind (unless it is folded to me in which case I usually raise to steal the BB. Tight is right in the SB because it is very difficult to consistently make money playing OOP.

I love people who will fold K5o UTG but will call a half-bet with it from the small blind.

ajmargarine 12-04-2005 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love people who will fold K5o UTG but will call a half-bet with it from the small blind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I needed that.

scdavis0 12-04-2005 04:35 PM

Well those are the sort of calls I'm consistently making when the cut off open limps and it's on me.

Are you even folding stuff like A8o in that situation?

What is your ratio of money won/lost from BB/SB?

cockandbull 12-04-2005 04:42 PM

Could you post a list of the top 20% of hands with results, plus your biggest losing hands please. I think this will help when judging your leaks.

ajmargarine 12-04-2005 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well those are the sort of calls I'm consistently making when the cut off open limps and it's on me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play all kinds of junk from the blinds. Hopefully, 42's wise way of putting things into perspective will change that. That just clicked, and I see the error.

SB/BB win/lost? No idea. My site doesn't support PT, so I don't use it. Although, rumor has it, I might be expanding my horizons to other sites hencewith. (henceforth?, toot sweet?, this week!)

4_2_it 12-04-2005 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My PT shows I am 32% VPiP from the SB. I am about 24% overall, so I plead guilty to having the same leak, but to a lesser degree. The more I play, the more I am convinced that if I just folded without a top ten in the SB, I probably would not be losing too much value.

Of course, this is assuming normal table conditions.