Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Online Play Money (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=283747)

FiReSiStAnT 06-30-2005 03:27 PM

Online Play Money

Is online play money worth playing? Do you think it helps or hinders your game if ur practice for live money games with only play money online?
Would you reccomend me putting my money online if i truly want to get better?

SoftcoreRevolt 06-30-2005 03:50 PM

Re: Online Play Money

Play money is pretty much worthless experience wise at most sites. I vaguely remember seeing True Poker play money tables that pretty much resembled nano limits (or 1/2 B&M games) so if you are hard up for cash you might want to try playing there if it is still "tight" by play money standards.

guitarhero14 06-30-2005 03:50 PM

I wouldnt bother with play money, deposit $50 into PS and play the micros.

BTW: there are many posts on this.

poker-penguin 06-30-2005 07:58 PM

Absolute will / used to give you money when you get to 15 million play chips. So after a while I'd guess play becomes more serious.

BigBaitsim (milo) 06-30-2005 08:01 PM

No point. As others have said, deposit some money and play micros. If you are afraid of giving your personal info to Neteller, just send a money order.

bdypdx 06-30-2005 08:27 PM

"Is online play money worth playing?"

No. A key ingredient of poker is dealing with whether you will either win or lose money.

"Would you reccomend me putting my money online if i truly want to get better?"

Yes. Find a microlimit site/level that you feel comfy with.

=bdy

Matador225 06-30-2005 08:43 PM

Even though as others have said, it is not the same as playing with actual money on the line, I would say it does have some benefits. If you are just learning the game using play money is a much better alternative then putting down $50 when you don't really know what you're doing yet. I started out with play money and it helped me learn the ropes, but thats all I would recommend using it for.

pzhon 06-30-2005 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Absolute will / used to give you money when you get to 15 million play chips. So after a while I'd guess play becomes more serious.

[/ QUOTE ]
When I checked, the deal was that they would give you $50 in bonus money, which is almost free anyway. You stll have to deposit and play real money games to convert bonus money to real money.

poker-penguin 06-30-2005 10:30 PM

Ok, well that's not much use then.

Other people might be taking it seriously though.

27offsooot 06-30-2005 10:40 PM

Play money is good while drunk.