Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Be a pro for one month (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406581)

splashpot 12-28-2005 05:45 PM

Re: Be a pro for one month

[ QUOTE ]
Edit: Oh yeah, good luck Slashpot! Sorry to hijack your thread. Stay in school so you can have a dream job like me and microbet.

[/ QUOTE ]
No prob. Now I know I have loads of fun waiting for me in the working world. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Better get this poker time in while I still have the freedom.

pokerdirty 12-28-2005 05:46 PM

get a job you can play poker at.

make money 2 ways at the same time [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

kyro 12-28-2005 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Buy a second monitor before New Year's. Then convince me to buy a second one.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have a second one. I just left it at school. I'm not going to buy a third one.

[/ QUOTE ]

tou....che.

12-28-2005 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now I know I have loads of fun waiting for me in the working world.

[/ QUOTE ]

The sad thing is, I used to love programming. It always felt like a big challenge, like people were depending on me, and not like a job at all. That's all come crashing down with this job I think due to:
a) The job got easier, still hard/tedious, but there's no doubt in my mind I can do it
b) My job now just sucks, it's maintaining an old, horribly written, truly god-awful app written by someone who was obviously an idiot AND didn't give a crap
c) I seem to get bored with stuff every 5 years
d) poker came along.

So the moral is, stay in school, get a skill, do something you love, and it won't suck for at least 5 years.

SuitedSixes 12-28-2005 06:25 PM

I used to play at work before I quit. I would play over a VNC connection to my computer at home. I could only single table over that and I was able to play about 10 tournaments a night. That was when I made my most improvements.

12-28-2005 06:50 PM

Well that would certainly get me fired. Hmmmm.

"Sorry Ben, I'm on the bubble here. Start the meeting without me ok?"

tshort 12-28-2005 06:57 PM

I've been doing the same thing over break, but haven't put in as much time as I hoped (I didn't play at all the first week). I'm leaving to go to New York with friends Jan 4th, so on Monday I set a goal of about 500 - 600 33s in 8 days (8 tabling). Monday/Tuesday I played 149 total with a 51% ROI. When I get back from New York, I hope to put in another 500 or so in the week before classes start.

Good luck to you... hopefully you can find some of PP's good fortune.

-tshort