Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Beer Pong Poll (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=378955)

TheMainEvent 11-15-2005 02:16 PM

Beer Pong Poll

http://www.avlena.com/pics/HolidayEx...g%20-%2002.jpg

Shajen 11-15-2005 02:17 PM

Re: Beer Pong Poll

Never played it.

pokerdirty 11-15-2005 02:24 PM

That is beer pong, aka Beirut.

I normally play with 10 cups if it's a small gathering, 6 cups if there are 10+ people playing.

I've never played it with paddles, but I've heard of this being done in the midwest.

The bounce is a legal shot, but can be swatted, and if you make it, you must drink 2 cups instead of one.

And cripples should not play this game as shown in your picture. It requires great reflexes to catch the ball when your opponents miss.

splashpot 11-15-2005 02:28 PM

That table is too small. Also, once a cup has been hit, the defending team has the responsibility of removing that cup from the table before the second shooter shoots. If they fail to do this, and the second shooter hits the same cup, it's game over.

And losers have to drink all remaining cups on the table.

edtost 11-15-2005 02:29 PM

That is beirut, which is played with 10 cups and usually 3-4 beers.

Pong is played with paddles, 6 cups, and 4-5 beers (whatever constitutes a full pitcher). A table that short/narrow would make for a really really bad pong game.

CheckRaise 11-15-2005 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I normally play with 10 cups if it's a small gathering, 6 cups if there are 10+ people playing.

I've never played it with paddles, but I've heard of this being done in the midwest.

The bounce is a legal shot, but can be swatted, and if you make it, you must drink 2 cups instead of one.

And cripples should not play this game as shown in your picture. It requires great reflexes to catch the ball when your opponents miss.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is how we play it, bounces can be swatted, if made you must drink two cups. If we have two people on each team then you must give the balls back if they make both shots. Great game, another question is how much beer do you guys use when filling the cups. Half full, quarter full?

Evan 11-15-2005 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
They play it with paddles at Priceton too. I think it's much more fun without paddles.

kenberman 11-15-2005 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, beer pong is different than beirut.

the pictured game is beirut, which involves throwing, and sometimes bouncing, ping pong balls into cups.

beer pong is played with paddles, just like regular ping pong. except, there are 2 cups per side, and the object is to 1) hit the opponents cup and 2) score points after the cup is hit

pokerdirty 11-15-2005 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
another question is how much beer do you guys use when filling the cups

[/ QUOTE ]

3 beers/side for 10 cups
2 beers/side for 6 cups

Evan 11-15-2005 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how much beer do you guys use when filling the cups. Half full, quarter full?

[/ QUOTE ]
Usually about 1/4-1/3. Not so much that drinking an individual cup slows down the game. Sometimes the middle cup is full, I'm not sure how common that is though.

splashpot 11-15-2005 02:33 PM

Those looking for variations.

Evan 11-15-2005 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
beer pong is played with paddles, just like regular ping pong. except, there are 2 cups per side

[/ QUOTE ]
WTF?

samjjones 11-15-2005 02:35 PM

Why are one of the cups turned upside down?

IndieMatty 11-15-2005 02:36 PM

Awesome Post. Within my friend group we play.

Beer Pong/Beirut (we use both names)

No paddles (thats weird)

Bounces count as 2 cups (no ball return), but can be swatted.

We used to let everyone blow, but now have removed it (too many arguments)

Two in one cup used to end the game, we are also moving away from that.

You don't have to wait for both people to throw to throw again, "Speed Pong"..hell when we first played in college, we had "full contact/loose ball" rules. Basically if you missed, it was anyones ball.

kenberman 11-15-2005 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Great game, another question is how much beer do you guys use when filling the cups. Half full, quarter full?

[/ QUOTE ]

in beer pong, almost completely full. every hit on the cup means you drink 1/4 of it. a 'plop', meaning the balls lands in the cup, means you owe a full beer.

a typical beer pong game by my senior year at Union meant 15-20 beers per person in a standard 21 point game.

IndieMatty 11-15-2005 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Woot. New Yorkers know wasup.

kenberman 11-15-2005 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
beer pong is played with paddles, just like regular ping pong. except, there are 2 cups per side

[/ QUOTE ]
WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, 2 cups per side. kind of like this, except we played with each cup about 2 feet in from the side of the table, and 2 feet up from the end.

here are the rules we played played by, as explained in the link beer pong link a few posts back:

FIJI NYU Version
from The unofficial beer pong website, originally submitted by Tripp Owen, NYU

* 1. 12 oz cups, 4 drinks to a cup, drink a full cup on a sink.
* 2. Winner keeps table, 21 game, etc...
* 3. No extra points for sinks.
* 4. In doubles the cups sit about 1 1/2 paddle lengths from the side of the table and the standard 1 paddle length from the top. In singles one cup sits at the center of the table one paddle length from the top.
* 5. The serve is not hit hard, but isn't a lay up either.
* 6. You can't hit the cup on a serve. If you do your opponent gets a point and you drink.
* 7. A point is not in play until the cup is hit, then the point is considered "live".
* 8. Each time your cup is hit, counts as one drink. Regardless of who wins the point, everyone drinks according to the number of times their cup was hit.
* 9. When sunk on, you are allowed to throw the ball back and try to sink your opponents cup. No points are given for a sink on a throwback, but the other player drinks. If you do sink him on the throw back, he then gets to attempt to throw it back in your cup. This keeps going until someone misses. If you are losing and get sunk on game point and you sink the throw back, your opponent loses the point and the game continues.
* 10. Idiots rule = sloppy play = lose point and drink a full cup.

pokerdirty 11-15-2005 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Two in one cup used to end the game

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a bad rule IMO Matt. The purpose of the game is to get [censored] up. It is very hard to do this when you are [censored] up. Less cup making means less drinking which means less getting [censored] up.

TheMainEvent 11-15-2005 02:43 PM

I don't know about you guys but where I'm from the feeling towards people who "stack" empty cups ranges from contempt to outright hatred.

splashpot 11-15-2005 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a bad rule IMO Matt. The purpose of the game is to get [censored] up. It is very hard to do this when you are [censored] up. Less cup making means less drinking which means less getting [censored] up.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not when the losers have to drink all remaining cups. My brother doesn't play with this rule. The way they play, when one team wins, they just start a new game without drinking the cups on the table.

TheMainEvent 11-15-2005 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I hate it when you're up like 8 cups on someone and then they both start shooting for the same cup at the exact same time, hoping to get lucky. There really isn't any defense against this.

splashpot 11-15-2005 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I hate it when you're up like 8 cups on someone and then they both start shooting for the same cup and the exact same time, hoping to get lucky. There really isn't any defense against this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you know how hard it is for 2 balls to go into the same cup at the same time?

pokerdirty 11-15-2005 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Not when the losers have to drink all remaining cups. My brother doesn't play with this rule. The way they play, when one team wins, they just start a new game without drinking the cups on the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally, our games are close enough where we don't do this. It conserves beer for pong too, rather than just regular drinking.

Evan 11-15-2005 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know about you guys but where I'm from the feeling towards people who "stack" empty cups ranges from contempt to outright hatred.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've never even heard of this.

splashpot 11-15-2005 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally, our games are close enough where we don't do this. It conserves beer for pong too, rather than just regular drinking.

[/ QUOTE ]
But I like how it adds a "penalty" for the loser.

pokerdirty 11-15-2005 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But you lost! You shouldn't get rewarded by getting to drink more!

Bulldog 11-15-2005 02:52 PM

Wow, 10-cup is for girlie-men. Too much square-footage to aim at. This best variation of this game is 13-cup. One solo cup in the middle, two triangles of six. Must hit the middle cup first, and rerack once six remain.

TheMainEvent 11-15-2005 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I hate it when you're up like 8 cups on someone and then they both start shooting for the same cup and the exact same time, hoping to get lucky. There really isn't any defense against this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you know how hard it is for 2 balls to go into the same cup at the same time?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it usually doesn't work...but when it does, one incredibly lucky shot wins the game for a team that's obviously been sucking the whole time. Lame.

splashpot 11-15-2005 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But you lost! You shouldn't get rewarded by getting to drink more!

[/ QUOTE ]
Nothing is stopping you from drinking on the side.

ibankonu 11-15-2005 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are one of the cups turned upside down?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, I would normally say this is beer pong, except for the upside down cups on the left side of the pic. I mean, what the hell is that?

Evan 11-15-2005 02:55 PM

I hope astro bans anyone that re-racks at the shooter's option.

pokerdirty 11-15-2005 02:57 PM

re-racks (in a 10 cup game) at 6-4-3-2

6, make a triangle (1-2-3)
4, you can ask for cock and balls (1-1-2), or vagina (1-2-1)
3, triangle (1-2)
2, line (1-1)

Edit-lets say you have 7 cups, and you make 2, you'll have 5 left. you'll get the balls back for making your 2 shots. if you fail to make a cup on the 2nd attempt, you lose your chance for a re-rack (until you get to 4)

splashpot 11-15-2005 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope astro bans anyone that re-racks at the shooter's option.

[/ QUOTE ]
I re-rack at shooter's option. Why should you be forced to re-rack when you hit 6 or 3 or whatever if you already have a great rack? You should be able to save it. All part of the strategy.

CheckRaise 11-15-2005 02:58 PM

Playing with 10 cups we can't re-rack until there are 4 cups left.

GuyOnTilt 11-15-2005 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

3, triangle (1-2)
2, line (1-1)

[/ QUOTE ]
4 reracks?! How about instead of that, don't suck at shooting.

GoT

splashpot 11-15-2005 02:59 PM

BTW in a 10 cup game, I play with 2 or 3 re-racks taken at any time.

Evan 11-15-2005 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Playing with 10 cups we can't re-rack until there are 4 cups left.

[/ QUOTE ]
That is really weird.

pokerdirty 11-15-2005 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

3, triangle (1-2)
2, line (1-1)

[/ QUOTE ]
4 reracks?! How about instead of that, don't suck at shooting.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

It makes the game go faster, which means more drinking. We play from further way than most, I think.

CheckRaise 11-15-2005 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW in a 10 cup game, I play with 2 or 3 re-racks taken at any time.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems like too many re-racks, doesn't it make the game too easy?

Georgia Avenue 11-15-2005 03:06 PM

Re: Beer Bong Poll

I was really hoping that this post would be different, so I was forced to FYP:

http://www.drinkinghabits.com/beer-funnel.jpg

What is this?