Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Home Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Any eight will win! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=374875)

11-09-2005 08:12 AM

Any eight will win!

I am playing at a club in Dallas. $1/$2 NL cash game; complete donkfest. I have K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the button. The game is deepstacked and plays like a 2/5. I raise limpers to $25. One elderly gentleman calls. Flop is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Checks to me, I bet pot($60), am called. Turn is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Villain open pushes for $135. I instacall and immediately expose my KK; people who don't show right away aggravate me. River is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Villain thinks for about 10 seconds, makes a motion to muck his hand, and as he is about to muck, some fat retarded moron blurts out: "Any eight will win!" Villian realizes that while his 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] did not make a flush or two pair or trips, wait!, it makes a straight! Villain apologizes stating that he did not intend a slowroll and just didnt see the straight, and exposes his hand and scoops the $450 pot.
I honestly believe Villian misread his hand and didn't intentionally slowroll. I also honestly believe had that fat retarded moron not said a word, Villain would have mucked. The floorman correctly ruled that the pot belonged to Villain. As Villain starts pulling in what would have been your chips, had fat retarded moron not said a word you look over at F.R.M. and ......Your action?

EStreet20 11-09-2005 08:59 AM

Re: Any eight will win!

Post this in brick and mortar, it's not a home game you describe here. However, that does suck but what can you do, you rightfully lost the hand.

orange 11-09-2005 09:01 AM

Definitely a B&M post.

11-09-2005 09:18 AM

I was hoping this was some retarded variant of poker I could get a cheap laugh out of. As it is, it sucks he said that - but, it happens. I would consider throwing the cheapest chip in my stack at him. Claim it was a tip for the dealer or something. Go on... nobody will know.

tubalkain 11-09-2005 12:36 PM

Kick the fat retarded moron in the nuts.

11-09-2005 01:39 PM

i just read this in b&m, stop looking for sympathy. he shouldnt have said anything, and the floorperson should have yelled at him.

Or given him a 10 minute penalty. Or given both of you ten minute penalties.

oh wait, the little "timeout" only happens in the wsop. how silly of me.

SamIAm 11-09-2005 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Definitely a B&M post.

[/ QUOTE ]I assume this was posted here instead of B&M because bad-beat stories that nobody else cares about will get you banned in B&M.
-Sam

smoore 11-09-2005 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Definitely a B&M post.

[/ QUOTE ]I assume this was posted here instead of B&M because bad-beat stories that nobody else cares about will get you banned in B&M.
-Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

BANNED!

KJL 11-09-2005 11:23 PM

Was it all-in on the turn. If so why wasn't his hand already exposed?

Twitch1977 11-10-2005 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As Villain starts pulling in what would have been your chips, had fat retarded moron not said a word you look over at F.R.M. and ......

[/ QUOTE ]

Respect the fact that you lost the hand and hope that if you ever misread your winning hand someone else at the table is kind enough to point it out.

T