Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   AKo vs. a limper-reraiser (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399790)

RustyCJ 12-16-2005 05:08 PM

AKo vs. a limper-reraiser

UTG+1 is 52/3.77/0.52 after 53 hands.

from my experience many limp-reraisers will have AA,KK or Axs. Most of them doing this at .5/1 are pretty awful players.

The only place I think my play is questionable is the river.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (17.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 25.75 BB

12-16-2005 05:13 PM

Re: AKo vs. a limper-reraiser

I had to look over this a couple times, but it actually looks perfect on every street.

nh

12-16-2005 05:16 PM

You had TPTK plus a lot of outs on the flop. Raising as much as possible to protect your hand from then on was the best move.

What happened, you have to split the pot with the straight when he showed you King-deuce?

12-16-2005 05:17 PM

Villian is pretty darn passive for this type of aggression and if this kind of tricky play is out of character for him then I think I would have only called the 3-bet on the turn and called a single bet on the river (and then kick myself for not capping it when I showdown the best hand).

This may be weak on my part mind you. River play is still the weakest part of my game (I tend hands by call too many winnng hands vice raising them) so take it FWIW.

12-16-2005 05:36 PM

On the turn, you are winning or freerolling a large percentage of the time vs opponents LRRing range. When you are behind, you still have 7 outs to win. The hands in her LRRing range that you are behind are Kxs, or T9h... and this is being generous. Don't stop raising this turn.

I think it might be a possible argument to slow down on the river, as you are either splitting with KK or losing to some awkward flush. Villian only has AA some small percentage of the time. Any takers?

MrWookie47 12-16-2005 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You had TPTK plus a lot of outs on the flop. Raising as much as possible to protect your hand from then on was the best move.

What happened, you have to split the pot with the straight when he showed you King-deuce?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero is not raising to protect his hand. He's raising for value. There's a big difference that you need to understand. How is any single raise here protect anything?

I definitely cap the turn. Villain likely has a K from the looks of it. A flush is very unlikely given the hearts we can see. We're only really worried about Kh9h, but if that's in his range, then there are a lot of other hand he could have here. We're most likely to be freerolling another K with our heart draw. I cap the turn, but I call one on the river.

12-16-2005 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero is not raising to protect his hand. He's raising for value. There's a big difference that you need to understand. How is any single raise here protect anything?

[/ QUOTE ]

The heart flush. That's a distinct possibility that beats TPTK on either the turn or the river, even with the single heart in hero's hand.

SoftcoreRevolt 12-16-2005 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The heart flush. That's a distinct possibility that beats TPTK on either the turn or the river, even with the single heart in hero's hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain to me how we are protecting our hand against the heart flush. Does capping the flop for protection give us a Level 10 Flush Force Field?

RustyCJ 12-16-2005 07:06 PM

I lost to K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

12-16-2005 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I lost to K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Buddy list.