Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Canterbury players Only (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=319892)

girgy44 08-21-2005 06:08 PM

Canterbury players Only

Very good game going on at about 2 AM saturday night. The must move broke about 1.5 hrs ago and Jimmy(next on the list) is getting anxious. Bau opens utg+1 for 5 chips, hero has K7o and... ?

NLSoldier 08-21-2005 06:12 PM

Re: Canterbury players Only

You forgot to mention that we were pretty sure Bau wasnt going to reload if he busted.

DcifrThs 08-21-2005 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You forgot to mention that we were pretty sure Bau wasnt going to reload if he busted.

[/ QUOTE ]

i assume bau is a fish. fold and hope he wins blinds. you have too much equity vs. a fishy raisin ghand to call and hope to win 5 chips rather than let him win the blinds and stay. (assuming he rebuys if he wins)

Barron

NLSoldier 08-21-2005 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i assume bau is a fish. fold and hope he wins blinds. you have too much equity vs. a fishy raisin ghand to call and hope to win 5 chips rather than let him win the blinds and stay. (assuming he rebuys if he wins)

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Jimmy is the fish. Like the biggest fish ever. The question is if its worth it to try to bust Bau so Jimmy can take his seat.

surfdoc 08-21-2005 08:43 PM

okay, this post really rocks ass. calculate the EV of getting a player into the game and take into account the likelihood of a player reaching into his pocket to buy more chips. awesome. i just reread HFAP in the last 2 minutes. nope, the answer isn't there.

NLSoldier 08-21-2005 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
okay, this post really rocks ass. calculate the EV of getting a player into the game and take into account the likelihood of a player reaching into his pocket to buy more chips. awesome. i just reread HFAP in the last 2 minutes. nope, the answer isn't there.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, this post does rock ass. after girgy folded his K7 we decided that it would probably be +EV to call and try to bust Bau and get Jimmy in the game.

DcifrThs 08-21-2005 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Jimmy is the fish. Like the biggest fish ever. The question is if its worth it to try to bust Bau so Jimmy can take his seat.

[/ QUOTE ]

F*CK yea.

call that SH*T.

-Barron

akishore 08-21-2005 10:23 PM

1. How deep is Bau's stack? If it's like 3 BB - 5 BB, sure, but anything more and it might be just a waste of too much money.

2. What stakes is this where the big bet is 5 chips...? $25/$50? If so, you're using $10 chips in a $25 game? i mean, $20/$40 would use either eight $5 chips or four $10 chips. $30/$60 would use twelve $5's or six $10's. $15/$30 would use... etc.

Aseem

NLSoldier 08-21-2005 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. How deep is Bau's stack? If it's like 3 BB - 5 BB, sure, but anything more and it might be just a waste of too much money.

2. What stakes is this where the big bet is 5 chips...? $25/$50? If so, you're using $10 chips in a $25 game? i mean, $20/$40 would use either eight $5 chips or four $10 chips. $30/$60 would use twelve $5's or six $10's. $15/$30 would use... etc.

Aseem

[/ QUOTE ]

Bau went allin for 5 chips preflop...that was his entire stack. Its 30/60.

Schneids 08-21-2005 10:44 PM

Dave told me to reply so I will but this post sucks and here's why:

- What position are you?
- How's the game playing?

It'd totally suck to also be a help at reloading him, since reall, K7o kinda sucks depending on the circumstances... If you got 3 aggressive guys behind you you're better off not entering the pot with a shitty hand where you probably won't go to showdown anyway, since now you're just throwing in 5 more chips Bau can win to add to his stack and make a comeback. I like considering this play when the game is more passive and it's more likely a few people get to showdown for not a lot of action, or once you know it's gonna likely be just you and him.