Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   neighbor troubles (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=314949)

man 08-14-2005 12:35 PM

neighbor troubles

so last night me and my friend were walking to another friend's house, and we passed my own house on the way. two houses before mine there was a fairly loud party of a bunch of meatheads that I'd seen and exchanged polite nods to before. a few feet after we passed them and exchanged polite nods I muttered "f-ing douchebags" under my breath. my friend said "that was a little loud, dude" and immediately the guys at the party started yelling at us for obvious reasons. we went a hundred or so feet and when they wouldn't stop my friend turned around and smashed a bottle on the sidewalk.

so, now my neighbors presumably hate me, and I'm pretty sure they know where I live. I don't want this to escalate any further. should I talk to them? pretend it didn't happen? start a war? have a breakdancing competition? thoughts appreciated.

08-14-2005 12:38 PM

Re: neighbor troubles

gorie 08-14-2005 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't want this to escalate any further. should I talk to them? pretend it didn't happen? start a war? have a breakdancing competition? thoughts appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]
i'm pretty sure the correct answer is to start a war. this is the only way to not let things escalate any further.

kurosh 08-14-2005 01:06 PM

I am undecided.

trying2learn 08-14-2005 01:09 PM

why would you mutter, "f'n douchebags?"

it sounds like you have started this on your own by being a prick.

bishopstrt 08-14-2005 01:11 PM

Apologize for being a prick and follow through with the breakdancing idea.

HopeydaFish 08-14-2005 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't want this to escalate any further. should I talk to them? pretend it didn't happen? start a war? have a breakdancing competition? thoughts appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]
i'm pretty sure the correct answer is to start a war. this is the only way to not let things escalate any further.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I like his idea of a breakdancing competition. I think this is the obvious play.

mslif 08-14-2005 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so last night me and my friend were walking to another friend's house, and we passed my own house on the way. two houses before mine there was a fairly loud party of a bunch of meatheads that I'd seen and exchanged polite nods to before. a few feet after we passed them and exchanged polite nods I muttered "f-ing douchebags" under my breath. my friend said "that was a little loud, dude" and immediately the guys at the party started yelling at us for obvious reasons. we went a hundred or so feet and when they wouldn't stop my friend turned around and smashed a bottle on the sidewalk.

so, now my neighbors presumably hate me, and I'm pretty sure they know where I live. I don't want this to escalate any further. should I talk to them? pretend it didn't happen? start a war? have a breakdancing competition? thoughts appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go apologize. Tell them that you acted immaturely and you will not be creating any more disturbances.

Yeti 08-14-2005 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why would you mutter, "f'n douchebags?"

it sounds like you have started this on your own by being a prick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sponger15SB 08-14-2005 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
we went a hundred or so feet and when they wouldn't stop my friend turned around and smashed a bottle on the sidewalk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow he sure showed them!