Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Is this a leak? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=370598)

Ghazban 11-02-2005 06:54 PM

Is this a leak?

My primary game at the moment is the skins 1/2 6-max game so take that as the context.

I will openraise a wide range of hands (big cards, pairs, suited connectors et al) depending on what the current table conditions are (position, opponents' tendencies, etc.). However, if I raise after limpers, I always have a big hand (big broadways, big pair, etc.)-- I generally just overlimp my connectors, small pairs, suited aces, etc. I doubt people in the game have noticed this as people at this level generally suck but maybe they have. Is this something I should be concerned about?

emil3000 11-02-2005 06:58 PM

Re: Is this a leak?

It's probably not a leak in the sense that opponents will narrow your range too much when your raising after limpers. Opps are not observant enough for that. I do think you are losing value by not raising these hands however.

xorbie 11-02-2005 06:59 PM

Not unless I'm playing, which I'm not. I definitely raise 88-TT here everytime, stuff like KQs, sometimes a 56s just for fun.

Go_Blue88 11-02-2005 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do think you are losing value by not raising these hands however.

[/ QUOTE ]

ajmargarine 11-02-2005 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt people in the game have noticed ....

[/ QUOTE ]

This mindset is a leak.

The primary concern expressed in the post is probably just a small leak. Nothing that a 56s or 88 raise from the Button following limpers every once in a while can't solve.

4_2_it 11-02-2005 07:03 PM

At the $100 level nobody will notice because they will see you show down 78s from the button after an open raise from the CO of 4x bb and think you are an uber-maniac.

If you stop getting action when you hit flops (which I highly doubt will happen at NL $100) then I might try to see if I'm tipping my hand.

amoeba 11-02-2005 07:06 PM

I do the same as you.

I feel if I raise these same hands with limpers, I increase my preflop raise frequency too much and will put me in a lot of marginal situations later.

KowCiller 11-02-2005 07:13 PM

My raising standards are the same for 0-1 limper. I tend to follow your standards for 2+ limpers.

Leak? not by much if it is. I second the feelings of others that say no one will notice this tendency.

Ghazban 11-02-2005 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do the same as you.

I feel if I raise these same hands with limpers, I increase my preflop raise frequency too much and will put me in a lot of marginal situations later.

[/ QUOTE ]

How often do you raise preflop in 6-max? Compared to others, my PFR seems a little low (which is why I was thinking about this in the first place).

amoeba 11-02-2005 07:21 PM

I used to be around 10, now I'm around 8.5 to 9.