Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   WPT Atlantis Satellite hand, Made flush and board pairs...... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=368420)

rockythecat99 10-30-2005 04:32 PM

WPT Atlantis Satellite hand, Made flush and board pairs......

This is from last night's WPT Atlantis satellite. Reads on villain are that he has been playing tight. On the turn I am disgusted when the board pairs. What is your play here???

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Hero (t2535)
MP2 (t2210)
MP3 (t1930)
CO (t3970)
Button (t4055)
SB (t2285)
BB (t5575)
UTG (t2445)
UTG+1 (t2515)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
2 folds</font>, Hero calls t50, 4 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t150) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 players)</font>
SB bets t100</font>, BB folds, Hero calls t100.

Turn: (t350) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero t150 , SB raises t850, Hero ?????

rockythecat99 10-30-2005 04:45 PM

Re: WPT Atlantis Satellite hand, Made flush and board pairs......

K I changed it so that the interesting part shows now.

Sam T. 10-30-2005 04:46 PM

No way I'm giving him credit for a boat here. JJ raises, so all you're worried about is 88, 87, or J7. His flop lead is an attempt to steal the pot on a scary board.

I'd probably check behind, not out of fear, but because a bet here will never in a million billion years get called by a worse hand. (I know that sounds contradictory, but I think it makes sense.) If the river is a J, 8 or another 7, you can think about letting it go, but no way am I getting away from the nut flush here.

10-30-2005 04:48 PM

All-in.. most people wouldn't play a full house that way, and if he did hit it, then that's bad luck but I can't get away from this.. he could be raising to protect his trips or 2 pair from the flush draw, that's my best guess.

rockythecat99 10-30-2005 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All-in.. most people wouldn't play a full house that way, and if he did hit it, then that's bad luck but I can't get away from this.. he could be raising to protect his trips or 2 pair from the flush draw, that's my best guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't he have led out for more on the flop and lead out again on the turn to protect???? If he checks and I check behind for a free card where does that leave him???

10-30-2005 04:59 PM

hmm, ya that's true

10-30-2005 05:00 PM

Has he done anything similar to this in the past? His flop bet was still 2/3 of the pot, that's not low for some people.. especially those who underbet the pot or don't commit too much on their value bets.

rockythecat99 10-30-2005 05:03 PM

My read on villain was that he was playing tight. As was most of the table. When he bet the flop I knew he had hit a part of it. His check raise was unexpected to me.

Jason Strasser 10-30-2005 06:02 PM

I tend to raise the flop here often.

-Jason

EverettKings 10-30-2005 06:40 PM

I can't really see you being behind here. The question is really just how to best get his chips. He seems to like his hand a lot (probably AJ or J8 or something), so just throw it in there before a diamond kills your river action or he boats up.

And with these stacks I like a flop raise to start building the pot. If you just call, you have to dodge diamond action-killers and hope that he pays off sizeable turn and river bets in a small pot. If his hand is strong enough to give you more action later it's strong enough to call your raise here.

Everett