Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Fish looking for aquarium (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=130270)

Analyst 09-30-2004 01:12 PM

Fish looking for aquarium

I've played in B&M for the past year of so, and am looking to start playing on-line. For now, I'm planning on only playing limit HE, starting in the 2/4-3/6 range before moving on up. My main factors are (in order):

- site/software (and corporate) reliability, including collusion protection;
- reliable, no-hassle cash-in/cash-out proceedures;
- soft games;
- good game availabilty and wide player base;
- customer support.

Bonuses are nice, of course, but only would be a factor if they're offered on a frequent basis. So, who would you recommend as the best site?

Lori 09-30-2004 01:23 PM

Re: Fish looking for aquarium

Empire Poker 2 20%

Seems like 20% of people here are in comedian mode.

Lori

fnord_too 09-30-2004 01:27 PM

Party (and skins) definitely has the best game selection, but I would look at Royal Vegas. Their software is better IMO, and I have never had any problem with their technical support. They will give you $10 free for nothing when you sign up, which is enough to play in some of the micro games to get a feel for the software.

edge 09-30-2004 01:54 PM

I just voted for Stars. I started there, and the customer service is the best in the business. The games aren't as easy as Party, but they're still beatable.

jagoff 09-30-2004 02:12 PM

You can check out the sign up bonuses at this joint..
BonusWhores

I am not affiliated with this site in anyway.

TerraUbrett 09-30-2004 03:06 PM

I'm surprised by the number of people who voted for poker stars, which is the most butthole tight poker room out there. Not many fish there, a lot of people actually learning to play instead of "just having fun". Paradise is ok at the lower limits 1/2 2/4, but that's about it. Party & Empire are where its at.

TerraUbrett 09-30-2004 03:08 PM

Royal Vegas gives you $10 free dollars and is espicially full of fish right now because of that college poker championship, but their cash out process is a pain in the ass, i've been waiting 2 weeks+ for my money after sending them proof of who I am, it isn't worth the $10.

Phishy McFish 09-30-2004 04:08 PM

Paradise

As much as everyone here preaches PARTY, I much prefer Paradise. Look and feel and support are incredible. I like the tournies better and, though it shouldn't matter, I like it from a results oriented view as well (I win more there and lose at Party).

TerraUbrett 09-30-2004 04:20 PM

Re: Paradise

I'm a big fan of paradise myself, software is one the best, hasn't ever crashed on me.