Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   JJ vs 2+2er (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=372672)

2+2 wannabe 11-05-2005 10:13 PM

JJ vs 2+2er

PokerRoom 2/4 full

Hero is MP1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Villain (BB) is tough 2+2er (19/14/2.5) and is aggressive HU/will semi-bluff and bluff heads-up - and coldcalls hands like AT and 66 preflop

everyone folds, Hero raises, everyone folds to Villain in BB who calls

Flop K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villain checks, Hero bets, Villain calls

Turn 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villain checks, Hero <font color="red">checks</font>, intending to call any river bet

Thoughts?

McGahee 11-05-2005 10:23 PM

Re: JJ vs 2+2er

I like it - without a more in-depth read bet/call would be a close second. No way can you bet/fold.

imported_CaseClosed326 11-05-2005 11:00 PM

I bet the turn and fold to a river donk bet.

2+2 wannabe 11-05-2005 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet the turn and fold to a river donk bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get check-raised a TON on this turn by this player (by any king, high aces, any pocket pair), so I am apprehensive about betting - as many of the hands he calls out of the BB and calls a flop bet with fit this criteria.

If I get check-raised on the turn, I'm in a spot - he's either way ahead or way behind (aside from an unlikely flush draw that he probably bets or check-raises on the flop). The only free river card I'm really worried about giving is an ace (which he will bluff on anyways)

I figure since he's going to be betting any river scare card anyways (and even non-scare cards) if I check the turn, I save getting check-raised while dragging an extra BB out if he'd have folded on the turn for a bet

kapw7 11-05-2005 11:41 PM

I hate giving free cards (A or Q or flush draw) HU so I would bet the turn.

imported_CaseClosed326 11-05-2005 11:46 PM

Well, I will trust your read that you will get c/r here a ton. If that is the case and a good portion of his c/r are bluffs or semi bluffs then the check works.

kapw7 11-05-2005 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I will trust your read that you will get c/r here a ton. If that is the case and a good portion of his c/r are bluffs or semi bluffs then the check works.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get this. If he is going to bluff C-R you, then checking is wrong. Unless you want to give up 2 BBs.

PokerSparky 11-05-2005 11:55 PM

I bet the turn, call a raise, and call the river most of the time. And I don't even feel that bad about it. I could be convinced that this is spew though.

El Ishmael 11-06-2005 12:18 AM

This guy sounds a little different than a standard 2+2er if he's playing AT this way and check/raising you on the turn with it.

11-06-2005 12:48 AM

I don't see how you can not bet this turn especially versus a player that will c/r you with worse hands often enough to make it profitable. I think not betting it is a bigger mistake versus this type of player, because you don't give him the opportunity to bluff.