Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Did I play this wrong? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=245334)

grjr 05-04-2005 03:16 AM

Did I play this wrong?

No reads on anyone.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, CO calls, BB calls, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, BB calls.

River: (17.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB folds, Hero folds, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 22.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
MP1 has Td 4d (two pair, tens and fours).
CO has Ac 3s (high card, ace).
Outcome: MP1 wins 22.25 BB. </font>

cold_cash 05-04-2005 03:17 AM

Re: Did I play this wrong?

Yes.

gharp 05-04-2005 03:18 AM

Was that a mis-click?

reubenf 05-04-2005 03:18 AM

LOL, you got to read the board four times.

cold_cash 05-04-2005 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Was that a mis-click?

[/ QUOTE ]

Either that or he misread his own hand.

I don't like the flop bet, either.

milesdyson 05-04-2005 03:19 AM

This thread angers me.

Either you know you made a misclick and you posted this as a serious thread, or you don't realize that you folded the nuts. The latter is much more acceptable than the former, as well.

And I agree with cold_cash on that flop bet. This flop does not allow for much fold equity.

Shillx 05-04-2005 03:21 AM

I don't like the flop bet, either.

DONKePunch, [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I agree.

adsman 05-04-2005 03:23 AM

wtf???

ArturiusX 05-04-2005 03:31 AM

Not if you hate $22.

grjr 05-04-2005 03:32 AM

This is the evil of 4 tabling for me. I had the exact same AJo on the table right below this one at exactly the same time. Both of my positions were at the left side of the table. The flop on the other table was KJT. I also had a good hand on a third table. WHen I bet the river on the straight hand I just expected everyone to call and I would win and went to play the third table. When the butthead with nothing raised me I thought it was the other table where I had the pair of jacks. I realized what I had done as the cards were disappearing.

This hand started a downswing of about $60 and I have no one to blame but myself.

I agree with you guys on the flop bet. I guess I get too used to firing one out after I raise preflop.

Wally Weeks 05-04-2005 06:25 AM

WTF? Is this a joke post?

You realize that the worst that could happen is a split pot at the showdown? The board wasn't three flush nor was it paired for possible flushes, boats, or the extremely unlikely four of a kind. You realize that 3 of a kind is beaten by a straight, right? If not, see "Fundamentals of Poker" by Malmuth/Loomis.

I hope that this was an accidental fold for your sake. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Okay, nuff of joking around. To your credit, I accidentally folded a full house today four tabling. While the pot wasn't very big, I got pissed and slamed my mouse down uttering a few cuss words. Stupid Internet poker.

Wally

xenthebrain 05-04-2005 08:41 AM

nice riverfold

Fantam 05-04-2005 08:46 AM

Ahhh your explanation makes sense. But if 4 tabling works for you, then it just shows how careful you need to try to be when doing it. I have not tried multi-tabling myself, but I wonder whether playing at 4 times the stakes (i.e. $2/$4) would not give you a similar win rate, where you only have to concentrate on one table.
Obviously playing standards go up as the stakes get higher, but $2/$4 is still considered fairly low isn't it? I think this is the route, which I would prefer to take.
Have any other players got views on multi-tabling at low stakes ?

USGrant 05-04-2005 08:58 AM

Multi-table is great at low limits, you just have to be thorough, i.e. use your time limits to the max and make sure you're making the appropriate action with each hand you're playing. It helps to use a different seat position for each table.

The biggest benefit for me in multi-tabling is that it tightens up my pre-flop game because I'm less apt to be impatient and push marginal hands PF. You lose a little in reading players, but not much. Three-tabling still gives you enough evaluation time on each table to get a feel of opponents' tendencies.

Fantam 05-04-2005 09:27 AM

Yes, I can see how playing 3 tables could help to alleviate the boredom associated with constantly folding hands PF and help tighten up your PF play.
I suppose that because you will be playing more hands, that this should in theory reduce your fluctuations also, provided that you play them as well as you would have done if just playing one table.
However, I wonder if you need to be careful about not irritating other players at the table by consistently taking the maximum time allowed to play your hands. I have seen players make sarcastic remarks and leave the table (occassionally even the table breaking up), when one player has been consistently slow to play.

wireMan 05-04-2005 09:39 AM

Not looking at any results or other comments:
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] WHY DID YOU FOLD????? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
You have the nuts. Reraise that river.
I'm going to look at the other info now and hope that you converted something wrong.

davelin 05-04-2005 10:10 AM

Ed Miller says don't fold the river with the nuts for one more bet.

NickRegino 05-04-2005 10:15 AM

for one I don't like the PF raise, seems, kind of iffy, and too early from UTG+1 also, I wasn't feeling your flop bet at all. for the River I def would have reraised, but also if 4-tabling is giving you too much trouble stick with 3. You are missing out on some good plays, and probably folded the nuts more than once. &gt;&lt;

davelin 05-04-2005 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
for one I don't like the PF raise, seems, kind of iffy, and too early from UTG+1

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a standard pre-flop raise.

jrz1972 05-04-2005 10:27 AM

Personally, I like to mix in an occasional open-fold on the river to mix things up and keep my opponents off-balance, but I suppose bet-folding the river is fine too.

jrz1972 05-04-2005 10:28 AM

More seriously, though, the flop bet is bad, but others have already commented on that.

NickRegino 05-04-2005 10:29 AM

AJo I don'r raise from EP from MP yes I do. Is this too weak?

bozlax 05-04-2005 10:35 AM

[grunch]

(And I haven't looked at the results either...)

Is this some kind of a joke? Yes, I would say it's a decided mistake to fold the nuts on the river.

Don't bet out this flop, all you've got is a gutshot and 1 overcard.

C/R on the turn is great, and possible because you called MP1's raise on the flop.

Having C/R'd the turn, definitely bet out the river. BUT THEN 3-BET AND CALL THE CAP.

[/grunch]

bozlax 05-04-2005 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stupid Internet poker.

Wally

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, oh. The Virtual Dealer won't like this, Wally, not at all.

davelin 05-04-2005 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
AJo I don'r raise from EP from MP yes I do. Is this too weak?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're not maximizing the equity this hand has against a bunch of random hands.

McGahee 05-04-2005 10:50 AM

Depends on the table. At .5-1 you're probably ok.
I don't raise AJo and KQo from EP at the tight 1-2 tables however, even though it's strongly encouraged here. I don't think worse hands call often enough.

gopnik 05-04-2005 10:57 AM

I don't get it. Is it a joke?

Fantam 05-04-2005 11:08 AM

Is that a picture of you Gopnik ?
Can I have a date ?
(By the way he made a mistake multi-tabling to answer your ?)

NickRegino 05-04-2005 11:28 AM

Yea I agree, I'm sorry i'm a 1/2 player so I guess I play tighter than those .5/1 guys hehe.

Redd 05-04-2005 11:33 AM

Experiment: grunching all the hands that come up while I'm at the computer.

The flop bet might be a little laggy. And folding the nuts might be a little weak tight.

Mike Z 05-04-2005 01:35 PM

You folded the NUTs!

walkdoc 05-04-2005 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No reads on anyone.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, CO calls, BB calls, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, BB calls.

River: (17.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB folds, Hero folds, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 22.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
MP1 has Td 4d (two pair, tens and fours).
CO has Ac 3s (high card, ace).
Outcome: MP1 wins 22.25 BB. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Grunching

I question the raise pre-flop w/ AJo, especially with no reads on the table. Flop bet fine, same with Turn.
What's with no re-raise on the river though? There's no chance of a str8 and no boat potential. You've got it so bet it!
walkdoc

LSUfan1 05-04-2005 02:01 PM

Before the fold I think you might be good, but after the fold you are behind a great number of hands!

Gotta hate it when that happens. I think we've all been there once or twice with multi-tabling... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

grjr 05-04-2005 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ahhh your explanation makes sense. But if 4 tabling works for you, then it just shows how careful you need to try to be when doing it. I have not tried multi-tabling myself, but I wonder whether playing at 4 times the stakes (i.e. $2/$4) would not give you a similar win rate, where you only have to concentrate on one table.
Obviously playing standards go up as the stakes get higher, but $2/$4 is still considered fairly low isn't it? I think this is the route, which I would prefer to take.
Have any other players got views on multi-tabling at low stakes ?

[/ QUOTE ]

So far I've only played Party during the reload periods so I'm always trying to work off the bonus. The rest of the time I play at another site where I make more money and the rake is lower.

This is the first time I've gotten hands confused like this. It was really an unusual amount of circumstances that all came together at the same time.

droolie 05-04-2005 04:27 PM

If you're going to fold the nuts on the river you should open fold.

Check that flop holmes.

scotty34 05-04-2005 04:33 PM

You should have a HU tourney with Bill Fillmaff.