Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Do I bet this river? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=321367)

madscratch 08-23-2005 06:43 PM

Do I bet this river?

This is my 2nd hand at this table. No reads on anyone.

I think preflop, flop and turn are standard, but I'm sure what to do when the 2nd king comes on the river. I am behind to anyone with a K or Q anyway - should I bet here?

Thanks

Party Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font>

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (9.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero ???

Final Pot: 9.75 BB.

benkath1 08-23-2005 06:49 PM

Re: Do I bet this river?

What hands call that you beat?

I've been checking behind with these as of late. I don't think you are folding a Q and a K might raise on the river and then what?

USDaniels 08-23-2005 06:50 PM

I doubt betting will fold them both. Even as passively as they seem to be playing this hand, they have shown quite a willingness to call. I suspect one or both have a Q and are afraid you have the K but are going to call down anyway. I'd check it and hope the J's hold.

Edit: On second thought, the river K might be as good a time as any to try to fold both checkers. However, if a K w/weak kicker is still in, then you are getting called no matter what. Tough choice, but I still check.

dasein 08-23-2005 06:52 PM

Personnally, I would probably bet it. I am interested to see if everyone thinks you should check.

Arcturus 08-23-2005 06:56 PM

I would bet the river. Nobody has shown any aggresion toward you yet. Maybe they think you have KK because of your preflop raise and bets on each street.

@bsolute_luck 08-23-2005 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I've been checking behind with these as of late. I don't think you are folding a Q and a K might raise on the river and then what?

[/ QUOTE ]

i had a response all typed up, but this pretty much sums my thinking.

aK13 08-23-2005 07:02 PM

Check, and I don't think it's close.

ltb 08-23-2005 07:03 PM

grunch

checking this - are you beating anything that's going to call you here? what are you doing if you're check/raised?

madscratch 08-23-2005 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i had a response all typed up, but this pretty much sums my thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I wasn't feeling that good about being ahead here so I did check. Fortunately MHWG.

Thanks all.

River: (9.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB.
BB has As 8h (a pair of kings.)
UTG has Ac Td (two pairs, kings and tens.)
Hero has Jd Jc (two pairs, kings and jacks.)
Hero wins 9.25 BB.

Fantam 08-23-2005 08:06 PM

Check behind on the river.

You wont be called by a worse hand on that board.