Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   God As He Moves Across The Face Of Internet Touranments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=396846)

SossMan 12-12-2005 02:46 PM

Re: God As He Moves Across The Face Of Internet Touranments

[ QUOTE ]
God speaking, your ITM should be 15.423% and your ROI should be 154.365%. You should make the final table of a 3000-7000 field 4.259% of the time and you should win .854% of the time.

Thank me,

God.

[/ QUOTE ]

give or take .0001% or so.

SossMan 12-12-2005 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
God speaking, your ITM should be 15.423% and your ROI should be 154.365%. You should make the final table of a 3000-7000 field 4.259% of the time and you should win .854% of the time.

Thank me,

God.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

repeating, of course.

yvesaint 12-12-2005 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thank me,

God.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

repeating, of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

God's margin of error: infinite and/or none at all. Oh my me.

Exsubmariner 12-12-2005 03:11 PM

So nobody knows and those who might won't, nor should they, share.

Brilliant.

X

12-12-2005 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Brilliant.

X

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a bunch of problems with answering this question. First, MTTs vary greatly in size and structure. Second, MTTs have huge variance, so you need a ridiculously large sample size of MTTs to get reliable numbers. Third, combine problems one and two, and you see that you need a ridiculously large sample size of similarly structured and sized MTTs, which is really hard to come by.

Really rough numbers (i.e., within maybe a factor of 4) are 100% ROI and 15% ITM.

FT% and win% are totally bogus statistics because FTing a 9000 person MTT 1/10 times'd be amazing, while FTing a 50 person MTT 1/10 times'd be pretty pathetic.

PrayingMantis 12-12-2005 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Brilliant.

X

[/ QUOTE ]

While your questions, in essense, are relevant and important, you are basically a troll.

Exsubmariner 12-12-2005 03:27 PM

Calling me names is obviously better than not responding at all.

yvesaint 12-12-2005 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Calling me names is obviously better than not responding at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your other thread got closed. Take a hint.

Exsubmariner 12-12-2005 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Brilliant.

X

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a bunch of problems with answering this question. First, MTTs vary greatly in size and structure. Second, MTTs have huge variance, so you need a ridiculously large sample size of MTTs to get reliable numbers. Third, combine problems one and two, and you see that you need a ridiculously large sample size of similarly structured and sized MTTs, which is really hard to come by.

Really rough numbers (i.e., within maybe a factor of 4) are 100% ROI and 15% ITM.

FT% and win% are totally bogus statistics because FTing a 9000 person MTT 1/10 times'd be amazing, while FTing a 50 person MTT 1/10 times'd be pretty pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

This reply makes the most sense out of it. Thanks for taking the time. I have similar ideas. What it boils down to, I guess, is that entering these things should have the same expectation as flushing $100 bills down the toilet. If you can afford to, great, you can, but if you can't you shouldn't. By the time you know it was a bad idea, it's going to be way too late anyway.

X

yvesaint 12-12-2005 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This reply makes the most sense out of it. Thanks for taking the time. I have similar ideas. What it boils down to, I guess, is that entering these things should have the same expectation as flushing $100 bills down the toilet. If you can afford to, great, you can, but if you can't you shouldn't. By the time you know it was a bad idea, it's going to be way too late anyway.

X

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, good conclusion, there is no expectation to playing the 500k